Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally passed e-test just in time to put the car away for the winter!

Club Supporter

Finally passed e-test just in time to put the car away for the winter!

The car failed e-test at the beginning of July, being over on CO%. On the way home from the e-test location the car over-heated as it turned out the e-fans were not turning on/running. I also took it in for the e-test with a mix of old and new gas in the tank (I know, a no-no). Between time to work figure out what was wrong, lack of knowledge, and waiting for parts to arrive, I only got it working again over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Gotta give a shout out to ZR (Rick) for remote tech support while I was trying to figure out what was wrong. It turned out to be a failed e-fan assembly (dual ramcharger style) that apparently may have caused the DC Control unit to also fail. I initially ordered the e-fan, modified and installed it with no success so then ordered another controller from DC Control and installed that when it came in shortly before Thanksgiving - finally everything was working again after a couple cruises through west Caledon (Forks of the Credit, etc) and Hockley Valley to test everything and burn off the remaining old gas.

After burning through another tank of gas I took it back for a re-test today and passed. Looks like I may get a few drives in this coming week before storing it for winter (reports call for sunny and up to 18C I believe).

Great shots (co-pilot / car / scenery) and congrats on getting that put behind you. Pretty cool how a cammed n supercharged ride can pass an etest 100% legit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Club Supporter
    Thanks - yeah I would have been worried if I had an issue after getting fresh gas in the tank and fixing the overheating issue (which clearly impacted the first test results).

I felt pretty confident you'd be good to go. Likely due for plugs, cap n rotor + fuel filter for next year though.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I felt pretty confident you'd be good to go. Likely due for plugs, cap n rotor + fuel filter for next year though.
    Sounds like a plan - I'll get it over to you at the beginning of the season. Thanks again!

Deal.

Now get a few miles on it!

Car looks killer btw

Club Supporter
    Thanks!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Great shots (co-pilot / car / scenery) and congrats on getting that put behind you. Pretty cool how a cammed n supercharged ride can pass an etest 100% legit.
    Thanks for adding the pic!

HyperGT
    congrats. great looking ride...one of my fav foxes in the club.