Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Richard Petty ... Mustang?

No surprise, Saleen sold out in the same way years ago, everyone is simply out for the big money these days and with the Mustang being so hot, it's pretty easy. People are constantly trying to have a "different" or "special" Mustang, but it's damn near impossible, the cars are so popular and easily customized that guys are willing to pay a premium for a "special" car from Petty, Roush, Saleen, Shelby, Steeda etc......... Personally I think the white one pictured looks awesome, the wheels, stance and wing are dead on IMO, plus it's low key without loud stripes and flashy gimmicks.

Don't sell him short, will be producing at least a couple of ultra lame versions as well..................yuk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Don't sell him short, will be producing at least a couple of ultra lame versions as well..................yuk!!!

HIDEOUS ! I agree , he should have teamed up with Dodge and done something with the Hellcat. His name is synonymous with Plymouth/Dodge.
    1990 LX Notch & 1992 LX Notch, 2002 GT Vert & 01 GT.

I just regurgitated...

I'd rock the coupe version.
    I was thinking about this yesterday, he has built mustangs since the 12-12s and looking at the parts list i honestly think dodge shopped him. Im sure there is a marketing team that goes to different builders an says these are the packages we can put together for you if you want to resell. That said he also still had his petty garage full of doges and dodge parts, not much you can do with a hellcat which is why his seem to be 392 based cars.

..................yuk!!!

I had a pair of downhill skis in that colour scheme ......in the 80's
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by BackinBlack View Post
    HIDEOUS ! I agree , he should have teamed up with Dodge and done something with the Hellcat. His name is synonymous with Plymouth/Dodge.
    He has. Well maybe not the hellcat but definitely the challenger and the trucks too. Has been doing them for a while. The 2016 Mustang is new for Petty Garage.

BECAUSE RACECAR

Please make the madness stop.

Would have looked better if it was red instead of that god awful baby blue

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    Another boring Mustang special edition with bolt on's and/or someone's signature or DNA sprayed on the dashboard. More of this type of crap will be shown / released at SEMA.

This is why I don't like the last 2 gens of Mustangs - everyone has some ghey special edition, be it stripes or a blower or new wheels.

YAWN.

BINGO! So tired of these not so "special" editions. Since 05, I have lost count how many have been churned out...
    FABMAN