Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: new seats....opinons

HyperGT

Lightbulb new seats....opinons

Looking at some new seats for the Saleen. Looking at the Corbeau Sportlines on black, red stitching to go with my grey, red accent, interior. what do you think. Love to see a shot with these in a fox, but none exist.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

HyperGT
    here is my current look. Adding roll bar and new seats this year.

tulowd
    Mike; can tell you the Corbeau sourced material I used to re upholster my rear seat stained and faded brutally after only a short period of time. Crappy material. The fit and workmanship was ok. Zero warranty and no support or good will from Corbeau or LMR to admit that for a premium price the product lifespan was a disappointment. There's a reason Recaro seats cost 2 or 3x as much as this entry level stuff, including comfort.

On Foxes, the rear of the seat bottoms typically sit about 3/4" too low, making them uncomfortable and putting undue stress on your lower back. Spacing them up with longer bolts makes a huge difference.

Also, I would make sure you test fit the seats before buying to make sure the driver's side is snug and comfy so you can pass me sideways on the inside of corner 1.
    Also keep harness and seat belt guides in mind, the vert's belts can be a pain, as you know.

HyperGT
    thanks Paul, i had heard some negative things but thought they had improved the product over the last few years.

i am at a cross roads with seats, even thinking custom re-finishing my stockers with larger side bolsters. These Saleens are starting to creep up in value so I keep waffling as to huge modding. Then i think screw it , its only 15-20k or so enjoy my life. Anyone have some good local custom upolstery guys? Then i could blend in a dark grey as well.

Have a couple of rides that come in with Corbeaus, becoming more impressed with them. Recaro is pricing themselves out of the game for most, great seats though.

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperGT View Post
    thanks Paul, i had heard some negative things but thought they had improved the product over the last few years.

i am at a cross roads with seats, even thinking custom re-finishing my stockers with larger side bolsters. These Saleens are starting to creep up in value so I keep waffling as to huge modding. Then i think screw it , its only 15-20k or so enjoy my life. Anyone have some good local custom upolstery guys? Then i could blend in a dark grey as well.
    Having my Recaros done in leather and alcantara by Harold at New Image Auto Interiors in Scarboro:Address: 1630 Midland Av, Scarborough, ON M1P 3C2

Phone416) 752-0883

Maybe you should think about keeping the stock seats in storage while you get some real ones for comfort and performance. I thought all Saleen Foxes came with Flofit Sport seats; are you sure your car is original or as it should be?

They are nice seats, my advice is sit in them before purchase, be surprised how some fit you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

HyperGT
    yes completely original one of 34 verts for that year. Only grey with factory leather too.

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    Having my Recaros done in leather and alcantara by Harold at New Image Auto Interiors in Scarboro:Address: 1630 Midland Av, Scarborough, ON M1P 3C2

Phone416) 752-0883

Maybe you should think about keeping the stock seats in storage while you get some real ones for comfort and performance. I thought all Saleen Foxes came with Flofit Sport seats; are you sure your car is original or as it should be?

Sit in as many as you can before deciding. Also get a good number in with am seats that look good but are terrrrrrrrrrrrrrible to sit in. Just as important as the seats themselves, angle n height. Many times this requires modding the mounting system to suit what feels good to you.

What about getting a second set of stock seats and redoing them using the SVO foam? Brian ( I forget his board name) has a set and the bolstering is really nice. Might even find grey leather that might match pretty well!