Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rocket Launch AND Landing

Mustang Occasionally
    Just awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    So a rocket full of solid rocket fuel exploded into millions of peices in the ocean?
    The Falcon 9 uses liquid propellant (liquid oxygen and kerosene) in it's Merlin engines. It uses all it's fuel during the re-entry and landing maneuver. It likely only had a 100 lbs of fuel in reserve when it crashed.
    -Don____________

Oh that’s even better. Becasie of course he said it crashed becasie one of the engines failed to relight.

Which would indicate that there was in fact more kerosene on board didn’t get used

So yeah. We are just ignoring the environmental impact becasie Tesla?

Is they’re any talk of the environment impact of this? Or are we all just ignoring it because Tesla.
    So yeah. We are just ignoring the environmental impact becasie Tesla?
    So far the only person concerned about the environment seems to be you. You've brought it up twice now.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    What did the environment ever do for me?

Lol and yeah being funny here

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    So far the only person concerned about the environment seems to be you. You've brought it up twice now.
    That’s exactly my point I’m being taxed extra for the sake of the environment I’ve been lectured by people for my big truck and past non fuel efficient cars and these exact same people praise Musk as some god of the eco friendly while the guy puts moremshit in the air than everyone on this forum combined will in their life time.

If I have my boat out and knowingly take it out with an oil leak I can be charged huge. Hell if I get caught refilling from a jerry can on the water I can be fined huge

People are freaking out about pipelines becasie of the risk of an oil leak. People boycot oil companies becasie of oil leaks and this guys crashing rockets full of fuel into the ocean and no one gives a rats ass.

I’m just cracking jokes at the hypocrisy of it all.

I agree a bit with the hypocrisy of all the Tesla fans loving the space launch. The amount of fuel burned each rocket launch is insane. I'm not saying it's not worth it, but it seems to be a forgotten point.

On a different point, does anyone know where the Tesla is actually mounted on the vehicle? I was under the impression the Tesla was buried inside, but the video/pictures show it out in the open. There is no way it went through the atmosphere unshielded, so what's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    I agree a bit with the hypocrisy of all the Tesla fans loving the space launch. The amount of fuel burned each rocket launch is insane. I'm not saying it's not worth it, but it seems to be a forgotten point.

On a different point, does anyone know where the Tesla is actually mounted on the vehicle? I was under the impression the Tesla was buried inside, but the video/pictures show it out in the open. There is no way it went through the atmosphere unshielded, so what's the deal?
    I believe it was in the big round point at the top of the centre rocket. Once in orbit the shield peeled away to expose the car.

See pics in post 10
    -Don____________

Yes the pictures show it fully encapsulated, so the shielding must've peeled off like Mellow Yellow said. I'm surprised there aren't more videos of that floating around though.