Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well 196,000km and Monera is not sounding too well.

Monera3v

Well 196,000km and Monera is not sounding too well.

Hello everyone,

05 gt mustang, left work yesterday drove perfectly fine for the first 10-20 minutes as soon I got on yorkdale, I hit just around 3000 rpm and the car starting shaking.

I did not pay too much attention to it and drove it all the way to 401 and Avenue in which the car started losing lots of power and shaking pretty bad with some mild miss fire/ pop noise.

Now on idle it just sounds really weird and it struggles like the clutch is slipping kinda like a go stop go stop motion and then once it around 2k it's ok.

The flashing CEL like did come on in which I pulled over, but no check engine like got thrown other than the p2004/p2005 in which I had for a bit of time as I await the gasket to come in.,

Drove it home slowly parked it up,

Coolant looks google level
    Oil looks good no foam/milkshake viscosity

I had the spark plugs replaced recently by champion, hopefully they did not go bad or the COPS.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,

What gasket are you waiting for? Not familiar with 2004/2005 but 3004/3005 codes are cyl 4 and 5 misfire, which is strange since they are on different banks. Either way it looks like you have one or two dead cylinders, pull the coils and plugs and see what's going on, just an FYI-as if Ford spark plug designs weren't bad enough, they also decided that standard spark plug sockets aren't cool so you'll need a 9/16" spark plug socket for the plugs, and a 7mm I believe for the coils, that or an 8mm.

Could it be cam phasers? Heard they like to crap out at higher miles.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Did you change the front pipe with the bad cat yet?

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Did you change the front pipe with the bad cat yet?
    Hey Guys

So No, I haven't changed that pype yet. - Rick

Ponyryd - Intake manifold gasket the one that goes between the intake plates and the engine.

Ray721- Oh god I hope it not that... Rick and I had a talk about that already.

If it does turn out to be the Cam Phasers, at 196,000 I recommend you do all the timing components.

http://www.tascaparts.com/timing-and...v/?parent=1067

Even with the CDN dollar where it is, this will still likely be the best deal.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Sorry if they actual can supply it, this would be the best deal at $526.44 CDN.

http://www.tdotperformance.ca/ford-r...-hardware.html

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Monera3v
    Thanks Scott,

Hopefully it's just a bad COP, currently waiting for 11am to hit so I don't bother my neighbours too much.

Well, Went outside looking for any vacuum leak, no luck.
    Pulled each COP plug every one of them changed the sound of the idle.

I am puzzled to why I have lost almost all power.
    The valve cover region sounds pretty noisy. Could bad oil cause this?! the oil is hitting 5k in which I was going to change it today and now this happen.

Trip to the Dr Zr, from some TLC for car.

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Sorry if they actual can supply it, this would be the best deal at $526.44 CDN.

http://www.tdotperformance.ca/ford-r...-hardware.html
    Well I contacted them, they have lots in stock.

My cousin at part source said 200 bucks for 1 phazer. so 600 bucks for the entire kit not bad + labour I can deal.

Seems like every year when I am about to get my income tax money... the car takes the biggest shit to spend it.

Last year clutch install job failed by the previous guy costing me a new flywheel ending up killing my entire tax refund.

Pretty this if it's the phazer i'm screwed once again lol.

Oh no sorry to hear that. It sounds like cam phasers as some people are mentioning. Bad timing...no pun intended lol!