Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Well 196,000km and Monera is not sounding too well.

Nice score!!

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Bone stock out of a written off 07 GT with 1500 km's on the clock (yes 1500, able to verifiy before they removed the engine) . Bought it as a complete drop out with all sensors etc + factory H pipe with 02's.

Old engine = one cyl with zero compression, one virtually zero. Running solidly on the remaining 6 though.
    Yes I was driving a v6.1 for day or 2 before getting the diagnose it was pooched

Well it was most definitely a good investing, as I saw the old engine sitting on the engine stand looked like it had better days and needed a million parts replaced in the near future..

Even if it did need a new cat... maybe it was good sign to just replace it before it failed on me during my lets say my 2000km cruise in the summer. to Mtl, quebec (driving around quebec/montreal) and back! :P

^Pm me the info for the guy you got it from plz, looking for some cheap 17" wheels.

Couple of shots. New engine fully dressed and ready to install.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Resting comfortably under the hood.
    Cellphone pics aren't the greatest but you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AKAFISH
    Very nice! Great to hear you are enjoying it!

Love dem engine titty shots Rick

crazy 88
    What did the motor cost and what's the name of the place you got it from I'm all so looking for one and a bunch of other stuff for my 06
    Cheers

They still have the auto trans, computer, wiring and some body parts (passengers side plus some front / rear pieces). Rest of the car is badly damaged including bulk of the interior and diff (left axle sheared off, did not look close enough to see if the housing is damaged as well). I found them from a Kijiji ad for the engine and trans. Terrific to deal with, took extra care to remove the engine without any broken or damage parts. County Collision in Harrow, Ont.
    When we first started looking, fully expected it to be a slam dunk to find a clean low miler locally. Little to none in Ont (all big kms), few in the 120-130km range in Quebec, couple or three 10-20k milers on the US side but at around 3k US plus shipping and exchange the numbers just didn't work.
    Since the car has nearly 200k on the clock, bonus we found one complete will all sensors, injectors, TB, alt, starter, etc. Nothing better than a fresh engine with all the fresh bits to go along with it.
    At 3k, engine fully dressed with front pipe and including tax's, good buy. Stress free being able to see and hear it still in the car plus ability to confirm mileage is legit. Only downside, between the trip down to hear it run, return trip to pick it up, clocked around 1600kms total. Still well worth if for an absolute cherry of an engine + got to stop n chat with Scott B over lunch on the way home.
    Life is good.

Monera3v
    Man those pictures looks mesmerizing for me! This is another 10-15 years in front of me with this car.