Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: economy changing your plans?

stangstevers

economy changing your plans?

It's almost absurd to buy parts now, even used parts are rising lol

So I went from a nice interior plan with new carpet, new leather seat upholstery, etc... To used black parts and 98GT seats. May even paint my console as it's the last black part I need to save a few pennies. So my plans changed...

It's like a 40% tax + HST....

WTF
    I eat lots of fruit

and the price of fruit right now is making my eyes bug out.....$11.49 for 5 fucking honey crisp apples

I normally didn't look or care about the price of fruit

I'm looking now

stangstevers
    $11.50 for 5 apples? Where do you shop?

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    $11.50 for 5 apples? Where do you shop?
    it was at Metro last weekend

had 3 other bags (pears and other apples) that seemed a bit high....like $6.50 for 5 instead of $4.50 for 5.....then she rang up these Honey Crisp apples at $11.49 and I was floored

our low $$ is kicking the shit out of the price of fruits and veg

when an apple costs as much as a beer...we got problems

stangstevers
    Agree! Plus our government is going to introduce a carbon tax, further increasing the cost of off-season fruits/vegs. We're going to be kicked back into the days of preserving food / eating fresh in season only and an orange for a christmas present*.

*It was a thing back in the day, fruits were so expensive that getting an orange in the winter was a real treat.

r-model
    Metro is one of the more expensive stores to get food from, I always go to Freshco, Price Chopper, No Frills and Walmart too

I hope things turn around before next August. I have a week planned for holiday in Ohio, but adding 50% to meals and hotels is not too cool with me for my cheap trip to see some friends. Maybe I can convince them to come up here!!
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Returning to Woodward this coming season was in the cards, no way I can justify + 50%, just isn't going to happen nor will attending any Nascar / NHRA races.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Returning to Woodward this coming season was in the cards, no way I can justify + 50%, just isn't going to happen nor will attending any Nascar / NHRA races.
    My trip will be to Akron for the Saleen Nationals. Really strong friendships and the shit-ton of fun to be had will still take me there, but man it's going to cost a lot more than it should. You should join if you're looking for a fun car trip that isn't too far away (closer than Woodward anyway).
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Our Condo fee's this year will cost $2100 more than 2 years ago.
    Brutal.