Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: economy changing your plans?

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by r-model View Post
    Metro is one of the more expensive stores to get food from, I always go to Freshco, Price Chopper, No Frills and Walmart too
    No-Frills shopper here. We exclusively use the PC mastercard for everything and collect points. Don't pay too much for groceries (and no, we don't carry a balance).

03svt
    I have to order some parts for my cutlass to get the build going for this spring...with the dollar right now I'll be in 3k+truck freight for 2 fenders and 2 1/4 panels..I'm going to hold off a bit, I'm in no rush.

Our Economy fucking sucks!!!
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

toofast306
    Just had a chat with my lunch guy - the prices of veg has increased three-fold for him, if not more.
    Wait 'til the menu prices have a chance to catch up with reality - eating out will soon be a luxury.
    And let's not forget the price of gas - it ought to be closer to .75, yet we feel happy that it's less than a buck.

Timmy, we were in Alaska in August. 5 gala apples were $16. U.S.

My wife went through this in the 90's when the $ was like 65 cents. She didn't want to go south because of the $$$. I asked her if she wanted to be warm for a couple of weeks or shovel and shiver? We went south lol. There are plenty of ways to save on vacation. Gas is still far cheaper. Eat breakfast/a couple dinner's in your condo...

Mexico in 3 weeks. Peso vs. CAD is stable
    Lake Lure, NC in June. Love it there. Nothing will keep me away.
    River Cruise in August. Prices where in CAD and a better value then U.S. pricing.

I'm 54 soon. Just hanging out waiting for the big one. I'm tired of this hell hole city. And I want to die $1 in debt. CAD won't hold be back...

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by r-model View Post
    Metro is one of the more expensive stores to get food from, I always go to Freshco, Price Chopper, No Frills and Walmart too
    Yeah Metro is much more expensive than even Zehrs/Fortinos on many items.

Club Supporter
    No real impact on US purchases since I have some US income so that gets used to fund non-Canadian spending....natural hedge.

Have noticed it with food but a few years ago I started buying the fresh stuff on a local/seasonal basis or at least minimizing travel distance for things that cannot be sourced locally/in-season, although this was mostly for freshness and quality (eg. I'll only buy oranges/grapefruit from US not South Africa or Israel - yes, those are the choices).

Anything from western or southern US has double impact of exchange rate and higher prices due to reduced crop yield from drought or floods.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Our Condo fee's this year will cost $2100 more than 2 years ago.
    Brutal.
    You pay your fees in CDN dollars (north to south)?

Mustang Occasionally
    I had some mods planned for the car. I'll do the brakes for sure but the other... I dont know yet.

Really want to do a 5 lug/disc brake conversion... priced it out last night and WOW.

Dunno, maybe in a couple of months.
    '88 LX