Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: economy changing your plans?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BAB CObra View Post
    yea.. but too bad i pay tax here in canada..
    doesnt just work that way..
    basically if you are paid 100k USD yes you make 140k canadian..
    but when its tax time gov't makes up some exchange rate.. and looks to see if you paid enough.. usually you have to dump rrsp to balance out.
    Aren't you better off putting some money into a TFSA, trying to grow it there, then taking if out to pay the extra taxes at year end? If you have the same growth in the RRSP then you'll pay tax in the gain at your marginal tax rate when taking it out to pay your tax bill. Only benefit I see is if your deduction can allow you to drop down into the next lower tax bracket (or if you do the RRSP route, take the refund and invest it inside a TFSA, then use the principal/gains (if any) to pay your incremental tax bill). Plan at this time of the year for tax time in 2017 and you'll keep more money in your pocket at the end (and less to Justin and Kathleen unless you want to help them pay down their bills like Kathleen is asking us to do).

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD View Post
    We drive out to a place in Wicklow, ON ,Knights Apples, it's a whole sale place where they do grading and storage & buy bushels of apples , C grade, as my dog eats them, nothing wrong with them , they are just not perfect for the grocery store , 99 % of them are irregular skins etc, just not perfectly round, depending on the apple type , 1/2 bushel of Courtland are $10 -12 , full bushel of Mac's are $22 , even the "A" perfect ones are $35 for a full bushel, & they keep perfect in my garage ! & the quality is much better than grocery store one that have been shipped from god only know where and banged around ! it just a nice cruise about an hour outside of Ajax !
    for the tank of gas I save....plus the time involved....not happening

and I'm completely OCD about flawed fruit...takes me forever to pick em out....I won't buy a huge thing that's already packaged

managed to avoid the stupidly priced Honey Crisps over the weekend....so while the price was more than I usually pay...it's wasn't that far off

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Aren't you better off putting some money into a TFSA, trying to grow it there, then taking if out to pay the extra taxes at year end? If you have the same growth in the RRSP then you'll pay tax in the gain at your marginal tax rate when taking it out to pay your tax bill. Only benefit I see is if your deduction can allow you to drop down into the next lower tax bracket (or if you do the RRSP route, take the refund and invest it inside a TFSA, then use the principal/gains (if any) to pay your incremental tax bill). Plan at this time of the year for tax time in 2017 and you'll keep more money in your pocket at the end (and less to Justin and Kathleen unless you want to help them pay down their bills like Kathleen is asking us to do).

i put in TFSA regardless.. but the taxes at the end are huge at this rate.. so you pay RRSP to minimize the payment to the 750 to OHIP

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    I'm completely OCD about flawed fruit...
    I'm having difficulty believing this.
    -Don____________

Imperfect apples 4.99 6Lb bag ... all good
    3 bux bacon
    No Frills shopper

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I'm having difficulty believing this.
    can't tell if that's sarcasm

but.... I'm not buying any fruit with bruises, nicks, pecks or gashes....and they're put on the conveyor belt at the end so they don't get other bags put on top of them in the cart

you hand me an apple with a bruise on it...I ain't eating it

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    can't tell if that's sarcasm

but.... I'm not buying any fruit with bruises, nicks, pecks or gashes....and they're put on the conveyor belt at the end so they don't get other bags put on top of them in the cart

you hand me an apple with a bruise on it...I ain't eating it
    I'm sure it was sarcasm. If you had said you polish and zaino your apples and keep them in a bowl made from solid machined billet I'd believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Lmao I'm the same way. Michaela calls me a big baby all the time because of it. I can't help being picky lol
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

It's ok guys leave the nicked ones for us family of 5 to feed , we slice em up toss em in salads

Must be more nutrients in your lacquered ones lol

+1 on bruised fruit.. drives me nuts

We are spoiled.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
    '88 LX