Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: How dark should I go?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5%

2 15.38%
  • 20%

11 84.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get my windows tinted?

DS
    Thanks for the input guys, I'm thinking about doing 20% now. I just have one more question, what's the difference between charcoal and smoke? Which one is the most popular one? Thanks!

Never heard of either, lol, I just tell the guy to tint the windows.

Mine has 15% all round, would not do it again for the reasons Dave noted.

http://www.auto-links.ca/
    Ive had multiple cars done by them, they also use formula 1 tint (I recommend springing for the ceramic)
    They are involved in several other car clubs and have hundreds of reviews on red flag deals, from my research seems like a bit higher end place but worth it.

Sometimes I roll my windows down at night when turning left or right so I can actually see. It reduces visibility but looks nice. Came with my car when I bought it. I would never do it otherwise.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I don't think cops will be a hassle. I've been pulled over enough times and my tint was never mentioned. Just roll down both windows and put the map light on.

I actually considering taking my current 20% off and going 15%. The tint used must have been some cheap shit because it has an annoying green hue to it and it's lighter than 20%. I had 20% on my 06 and it was significantly darker than the crap that's on my 14.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Roushcharged
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Sometimes I roll my windows down at night when turning left or right so I can actually see. It reduces visibility but looks nice. Came with my car when I bought it. I would never do it otherwise.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    Funny I worried about that problem with my Lexus as it had auto dimming side and rear view mirrors. Audio Heaven recommend there 17% Solargard tints, yes darker on the outside but surprisingly lighter on the inside. Needless to say I had no issues looking through my mirrors even when they dimmed at night. Definitely spend the extra coin on quality film wherever you decide to go.

Reon D
    We can take care of your tint here at the shop if you'd like. Just give me a call and we can get you squared away.

Thanks,
    Reon
    905-837-7700
    Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get my windows re-tinted. Any recommendations on where I can get it done that offers a lifetime warranty? I don't mind spending a little extra for great quality. Also does anyone have 20% or darker tint and had any issues in the gta?

Thanks!

Pro tint in Hamilton does a really good job as well. Came recommended from some members from here....

Best of luck getting your tint. I'm sure it's gonna look awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    Funny I worried about that problem with my Lexus as it had auto dimming side and rear view mirrors. Audio Heaven recommend there 17% Solargard tints, yes darker on the outside but surprisingly lighter on the inside. Needless to say I had no issues looking through my mirrors even when they dimmed at night. Definitely spend the extra coin on quality film wherever you decide to go.

So looks mega dark from the outside but liveable from inside? Now dats cool. Love how my car looks but in all honesty, so dark it's an absolute pain to drive in anything but bright sunlight. Seriously considering take it on the chin and changing things up.