Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox front end set up

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    So if it ain't broke........ leave it alone?
    I'd think so Brad, could try just a hair toe out n see how it likes it.

Brad,

Yes, leave it alone.

Rick,

I spoke with Kolton about the e-mail. He just had a brain fart on the ride height numbers. We unexpectedly had an employee leave on 1/1, so all of us are massively over worked at the moment.

On the subject of spring recommendations. This is one of the very difficult jobs that we have. Part of the problem is that we offer a lot of options. This enables the customer to potentially get the perfect combination for their needs. Many other Mustang shops offer maybe three spring options. Street, sport and race. They automatically slot you into one of these three slots regardless of what other parts your car has on it. Having a lot of options is both good and bad. It is one of the reasons that we don't push adjustable dampers for instance. We find that many customers are just overwhelmed with the number of possible adjustment permutations. This enables them to completely screw up the car.

Take a look at the link below.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Sp...n-Request.aspx

This is the questionnaire we have customers answer when they want a coilover spring rate recommendation. About 40 questions. All of it matters. Once we have this data, I put these answers into four different spreadsheets. From this I can calculate what the optimal spring rates for the car are.

This questionnaire is relatively new. In the past many customers have not been willing to supply all of the information we need. The questionnaire was developed in response to various problems, such as customers getting different recommendations from different people at MM. It helps get us all of the information that we need. If a customer leaves parts blank, we won't give them a recommendation. Hopefully this will help quite a bit.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Questionnaire looks like a step in the right direction, kudos. I answered a bunch of question, but not nearly to that level of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    as I continue to get older and my vision, reaction times and bladder begin to fail, track time in anything with 4 wheels feels like the Millenium Falcon just ignited.....

BTW - your Fox is still the standard by which any street legal track car I have ever driven should be judged, in my humble opinion. So much car and completely in it's element...willingly.

Mine, not so much.
    Between how well Brads car handles + how smoothly he drives, poster child for how it's suppose to be done. I'd put Dave's Mach and his stick handling at the exact same level.
    Hope Brad continues to doddle on adding more h/p, gives the rest of us a chance, even though it's a remote one.