Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hiding the engine bay wiring.

hiding the engine bay wiring.

i want to hide the electrical wires whats the first step and where is the best place to hide them? Its not a fox but any ideas would be great thanks

Well what kind of car? That info is important for this question.

Its a 78 mustang with fox wiring

stangstevers
    I've done it too many times... on a fox though. From memory only, don't you have the battery on the firewall on the passenger side? So battery in trunk to clean up the bay. I'd maybe pull the dash (albeit I know nothing about the 78 other than pictures) and run the EFI harness inside with holes for the engine wires (injectors, sensors and ignition)...

On one of my foxes, it was cleaner than most carb'd cars. Emissions stuff was removed (I was in Quebec, no one cared about that, no MOE) but I ran the main EFI harness inside the cab, I pulled the dash to run the wiring and extended the engine injector harness (removed salt/pepper connections too). I put the starter solenoid inside the fender, battery was in trunk and the EFI to body connections (normally driver side near brake master) was in the cab and/or in the fender. I will never do this again... trying to find problems in a harness that's not accessible is a PITA.

This was the full-on retard version:

If you provide pics, it could give us means of providing bad ideas

That looks crazy not sure i want to go that far, but it does look amazing! Yea i will post some pics after when i go in the garage i want do shrink the harness down to i want to eliminate the polution stuff any help would be great. I never really thought about the diag with a hidden harness that would suck

As long as the harness is good and routed properly I doubt you'll have an issue. But ya, the harness is easily hidden behind the dash and fenders, all depends how far you want to go with it. Being a 78 it will have a smaller engine bay than a fox so you may have some extra wire to play with, which will help, extending wires is a lot of work sometimes.

Some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hope you set a lot of time aside for this project......