Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: couple of issues before safety inspection

mikewashere

couple of issues before safety inspection

hey guys so currently the e-brake in the SN doesn't work, I pulled it up and got it to stay but now it doesn't want to disengage. Hopefully I can get it to loosen up and it doesn't need a cable.

Also the horn is not working, and the airbag light is on. I read that may be caused by the clock spring, but also some people had issues with the cruise control and horn not working caused by a corroded or bad relay. Anyone have experience with any of these issues? Weighing my options out here before I get too far into one thing really because I can only really work on it in the cold for the next few weeks until I have access to the shop.

Almost definitely needs new brake cable(s) and a clock spring.
    -Don____________

mikewashere
    How does a clock spring just go bad? Usually they only need replacing after an accident. Never heard of that

Be sure to check the caliper closely before replacing cable(s). Same goes for caliper slides and or pad seized to the slides.

mikewashere
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Be sure to check the caliper closely before replacing cable(s). Same goes for caliper slides and or pad seized to the slides.
    Definitely hoping that's it, been too cold to mess with that. Be nice if its something small like that. But how often is that ever the case

Good news, temps are headed up this week.

Check the horn connections , it works .

mikewashere
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Good news, temps are headed up this week.
    yeah can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by 95GT_VERT View Post
    Check the horn connections , it works .
    I'm leaning more toward the clock spring in this case, horn doesn't work, cruise doesn't work, and the airbag light is on. All 3 indicate the clock spring which apparently is a common issue on the 94-95s.

Clock spring doesn't go bad after an accident, it's just a wound up piece of thin steel that winds and unwinds as you steer to keep a connection through the wheel. They will break and cause the conditions you describe, but you can just wire up a switch for the horn, airbag light can be on still and pass, and horn just needs to work, doesn't need to work from the pad.

mikewashere
    Thanks! But I want to make sure it gets done correctly. $106 shipped from rock auto looks like the best deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk