Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Replacing factory fox speakers

adrian79

Replacing factory fox speakers

I drive a 1993 coupe and looking to replace my stock original speakers as they are pretty much all blown. What size speakers do i need without any modification? Also any recommendations on make/model that will fit with ease and wont break my bank?

Speak to 12vguy on the boards he is an audio installer and knows the works.

You can also try crutchfield.ca, that website can help you choose the make and model and point you to which speakers you need.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

tulowd
    Best bet is to pull the rear parcel shelf and remove the crap 6x8 and replace with 6x9 screwed in from below. Surface area and cone movement = bass. 6x9 are way better and more selection, you may be able to get away without cutting metal. Best way is to make some MDF or marine plywood baffles for the speakers to mount to first. If you twist the speaker frame, you can offset the voice coil and ruin the speaker. Trunk bars may get in the way; could look at using the convertible springs that mount below the hinges.
    3.5" all sound like crap, you want to find the ones with softest tweeter and run them as low a crossover frequency to make them less harsh.
    the door speakers may allow for a 6.5 shallow, but more likely fit a 5.25". Dynamat and baffles are your friend here, but a lot of work and may not fit below the oem grille.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ah7mNid...d-mustang.html

Lots of opportunity to make this sound nice; expensive speakers sound better, but need to be installed correctly and powered by a real amplifier. A subwoofer or two mounted on a board firing into the rear seat is a nice easy option; a Bazooka style tube is cheaper and easier but takes up space and doesn't sound nearly as good. I would use a pair of 10" if it was my car and I wanted to keep it simple.

mikewashere
    Vehicle Speakers
    Location Size (in) Depth (in)
    Front Side Door 5.25 N/A
    Quarter Panel Rear 6x8 N/A
    Rear Deck 6x8 N/A
    Dashboard 3.5 N/A