Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F**king stone chips

^^ , My new van was hit, big chip , figured I'd ask for some help, someone recommended Apple Auto Glass,, so I went , idiot there says it covered by insurance, wrong only if you have zero deductible ! well who in the F' has Zero , no one I know , anyways long story short , insurance co already notified, they don't want me driving around with what is considered a damaged windshield, now needs to be fixed by and authorized glass co, before I can drive it again, well you guessed it, Apple charged me $125 for a drop of goop, and if it didn't work they would replace the windshield and take off the $125, because my deductible was $1000. insurance was not involved except that I now have a claim but no payment, on file, & BTW ~ Apple wanted $980 to replace the windshield ! glass guy I know would do it for just over $400 with OEM glass, & BTW ~ Speedy Auto Glass & Apple Auto Glass and a few of the others are all the same co ! my recommendation is go to the guys that site in the parking lot, around can tire etc, around $40 -60 for a chip no ins BS and it is not right , throw a rock at it (say u saw a kid running after u heard something ) and then call your ins, claim it under comprehensive, no deductible , etc !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

I have no deductible just don't want someone yanking the windshield out ..... you never know?

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

U may have no deductible , but frequency of claims adds up in a hurry, chip her, a ding there, get a small rear ended, regardless who is at fault , in the end its your fault , cause you were there !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Shitty Steve, hopes they can seal up the chip.

I just used a mobile guy on my pick up to replace , it turned out ok for the price . It had a minor scratch on the passenger side , he offered to replace again or take it at a discount, as it's not in my view I took the discount $190 bucks I think was fair .
    I have also had a stone chip fixed and it lasted but you can still tell where the chip was , mine ended up cracking somewhere else.

The whole business is full or robber's and honestly I think MAFIA, I will only ever use an independant, I have a guy that did the t bird seal, several other members have used him, and only good things to say, comes to your home ! nice guy & likes cash !

I've had chunks of large white stones smack into my windshield last week I know the feeling.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

had a mobile guy fix er up in the parking lot at work today,says I'll still see it a bit but it wont crack or shouldn't crack on me,time will tell but figured for 50 bucks I would give it a shot!!

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

I got one last year on my car.. It was repaired but I still see the damage... But for 130km of driving a day that's not bad...

I got 4 stone chips on the windshield and 2 chips on my left driver fender. One chip is so bad its to the bare metal...I'm considering launching a complaint