Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch

86gtvert

Clutch

So my 15 yr old king cobra clutch is toast at high rpm it slips and frys lol.What clutch should i install and anyone recommend a shop to do it.I have been looking at spec stage 2+ has anyone used one before..comments?

Depending on your power level, Centerforce dual friction will not disappoint. Be sure to also go with Centerforces own release bearing along with a fresh pilot bearing. Flywheel machined properly on a grinder and you'll be all set.
    Almost forgot, not a fan of Spec clutches (chatter). With the clutch technology we have today, you can have a clutch with big holding power and stock (or better) driveability + light pedal pressure.

You could not find a better mechanic that the Good DR , ZR , shoot him a PM, re install etc, you'll be happy you did !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

86gtvert
    Thanks Bigbird i have got in contact with him...just trying to find right clutch for my power level.

Good to hear ! From this to This !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

toofast306
    I ran a Spec 2+ and was happy with it, but opted for a Spec 2 this time around. Haven't noticed excessive chatter yet - still in the break-in process - but feels at least as good as my King Cobra. Centre force is da bomb, but a little expensive. Terry had a CF DF a few months ago for sale. I found Sitinger-performance has a great deal on Spec clutches, complete with TOB, tool, pilot bearing.

86gtvert
    Thanks toofast but i already bought a centerforce df complete kit and yes expensive.

heres my take on CF...seeing as how I had one in my turbo car...they slip

if the engine has a lot of torque & not a lot of revs the centrifugal weights cant apply enough force

to lock up the clutch...I had problems...now I have a SPEC stage three in there...its on or off...

never slips & I dont recommend it for the street...you need an educated foot & fairly robust leg

its more of an all out race clutch...I like it tho

86gtvert
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailites View Post

if the engine has a lot of torque & not a lot of revs the centrifugal weights cant apply enough force

to lock up the clutch...I had problems...now I have a SPEC stage three in there...its on or off...

never slips & I dont recommend it for the street...you need an educated foot & fairly robust leg

Tailites hopefully centerforce will be ok my car pulls up to 6000 so hopefully no slip as for spec i didnt want that on offf feeling and i cruise alot dont want one leg bigger than the other .

Quote Originally Posted by Tailites View Post

I have a centerforce DFX and it gold 400+ ft lb of torque at 3000 rpm no problem. I launch my car 5K and shift at 7200 rpm. No issues other than the pilot bearing is going