Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steeda S197 Clutch Assist Spring

Roushcharged
    Thanks for clarification. The MT82 seems to be a hit or miss..... Mine shifts like butter and I've never had the pedal stick, must be my granny shifting!! But if what RedSN is saying is correct, then maybe I should look at switching it out for the Steeda one. Last thing I want is the clutch riding. If I see one of you at a meet or show I'd definitely like to try it out and see the difference in pedal feel.

If I still have the car you're more than welcome to try it out.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Ok just an update. Steeda had to order my spring .They have the 35lbs spring for the 2015-2017 gt's but the S197 spring just came out. I got Shaun to order it and ship it to me. I'm driving around now with out the assist spring. When you first start the car the clutch engages right at the bottom.After a few pumps of the clutch it goes back up. The clutch pedal never goes back all the way up like when the spring is in. There is play in the pedal. It feels sloppy. The other thing is that without the assist spring, power shifting is no problem.(just ask the WRX I killed at the lights last night) lol.
    GHIG

Steeda S197 Clutch Assist Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Ok just an update. Steeda had to order my spring .They have the 35lbs spring for the 2015-2017 gt's but the S197 spring just came out. I got Shaun to order it and ship it to me. I'm driving around now with out the assist spring. When you first start the car the clutch engages right at the bottom.After a few pumps of the clutch it goes back up. The clutch pedal never goes back all the way up like when the spring is in. There is play in the pedal. It feels sloppy. The other thing is that without the assist spring, power shifting is no problem.(just ask the WRX I killed at the lights last night) lol.
    My pedal will settle after sitting over night. Before I start the car I put my foot under it to bring it back up then pump it a couple times.

I'm actually gonna reinstall the spring now that I've been driving so long without it and see if there's a difference.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Roushcharged
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    If I still have the car you're more than welcome to try it out.
    Thanks....... ass!!

Ok finally got the "Clutch Assist Spring "from Steeda. Installed it and drove for a day. I have to say, it is a much better feel than the stock OEM. It has a more linear travel,than the OEM. When you release the clutch ,it doesn't bully it's way up, like the regular spring.Did a couple of powershifts and had no problem..The OEM spring makes the clutch pedal feel sloppy.The Steeda spring clears that up,and makes it feel much better.Without a spring in ,was also good ,but didn't like having to lift the pedal with my foot a couple times before starting the car.It also had a little play when it was fully up. Its one of the best and most inexpensive ($20) mods you can do on a S197. IMO.
    GHIG

Roushcharged
    Nice to hear, I think I will I'm going to get one to try.

That sounds like a great improvement.

Roushcharged
    Just placed my order on steeda.ca, if anyone is looking its under the S550 section and not under S197.

When I placed my order they did not have the S197 spring .They didn't know about it.They had the S550 which is a different spring (35LBS). Steeda had to place an order for the 95LBS S197 spring.It had just come out the week before ,on the American site.I order it and told them to order a whole bunch because its cheep and does what it suppose to do.
    GHIG