Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Emissions Standards May 1 2016 - My experiences Mustang hotrod status

If I read the regulations correctly, in order to classify for hot rod status, it must:
    • Pass the emission standards of the original car build date (1990?)
    • The new engine must be equipped with all the emission control equipment from the Mach 1 engine (2003?)

So what's the problem?
    They car meets/exceeds these requirements, no?
    (Sorry if I got the years wrong.)
    -Don____________

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtospare View Post
    I might just have to Coyote swap it in order to tell him it's a 5 liter
    Dibs on 4valve set up

55 HD
    I'll buy it the way it is Ryan

The Hot rod status is being completed. Its a pain every year to to and find a place that will ignore the motor swap. I have not had issues until now. I have been to every place in the Oshawa local area and non will put it through. The car is clean and the info I gather will be passes on to help other who wish to change the engine.

Update: Received form from MOE ** all updates will be add to the original post. My number has been removed from the form for privacy purposes

Thursday May 5th 2 PM. All forms are filled out and send to MOE.

I think the biggest issue I will have is very few receipts. The car was built 4 years ago and I dont keep receipts that far back. I only have a few newer reciepts for various small things. Most items were bough cash or paid via paypal. Even the old paypal items cannot be looked up because paypal only go back to 2013

never met a etest guy that would turn down $100 cash to look the other way.

unless the rules changed all they have to do is say they tried hooking it up to their equipment a certain amount of times and their equipment didnt work correctly so the customer gets an automatic pass as it was not the customers fault. they get a certain amount per month of these that they are allowed to do.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible Ford Racing 3.73 Gears / JLT CAI / Steeda UDPs / SCT SF3 Tuner / Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by js197 View Post
    never met a etest guy that would turn down $100 cash to look the other way.

unless the rules changed all they have to do is say they tried hooking it up to their equipment a certain amount of times and their equipment didnt work correctly so the customer gets an automatic pass as it was not the customers fault. they get a certain amount per month of these that they are allowed to do.

You are missing the point. My car is legit, why would I pay to get it to pass? This car will be put through emissions legitimately. There is no scamming, no bribing, no fake e-tests. I have no idea why everyone is so hell bent to deceive the emission people when its so easy to pass. To top it off my car will only have to meet 80's emission when this is complete, even though it would comply and meet 2004 emissions standards.

I had an offer from a guy today who I have been dealing with for a very long time offer me to take the car in and "look the other way". As long as it passes 93 emissions its no problem to them. I am taking the hard way and learning for everyone else knowledge. I will hopefully make it easier for other to understand and obtain the hotrod status.

Well I'm approved. This was actually really easy. My suggestion is to keep it simple. I just stated the car engine is a 4.6 from a Mustang and it's size is 281ci. That it, thats all. I gave them all the picture requested. I had no receipts and stated I built it myself. I have an additional 3 picture o the engine in the car being assembled and offered more if required.

This email is to confirm that your application for Hot Rod status has been approved.

Your vehicle can now be tested, with the updated emissions limits, at a test facility equipped for tailpipe testing. You can find a tailpipe testing facility closest to your location by using the Drive Clean website – entering your information - and ‘1997’ as the model year of your vehicle.

http://www.ontario.ca/environment-an...test#section-2

If you require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or calling the number below.

Regards,

Susan
    Customer Service Representative
    Ontario’s Drive Clean Program
    1-888-758-2999
    Out-of-Province, please dial 905-943-4897 (Charges will be assumed by the caller)

The 1997 emissions threw me off so I called and had more runy vin and check the information. My car has to meet 1980 emissions.

So my final thoughts are WTF government. My car met 1993 emission for the last two tests. It has all equipment required. Now after registering the car it has toeet 1980 emission and I cam even.remove some of the emissions equipment.

Time for some dirty ass cams hahahaha! Thanks government