Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raising Car Back Up/Suspension Question

Raising Car Back Up/Suspension Question

While I love the look and stance of my car, the ride and drivability and the fact I'm older now and making me question if its worth all the trade offs. Also secretly I feel like somehow it's gotten lower in recent years, but I think that doubles back to an earlier point.

I'm running H&R Super Sports, no isolators, with Koni struts. The car has zero wheel gap up front and maybe 1/2'' to 3/4'' wheel gap in rear. Thinking of re-adding poly ISO's up front, to hopefully gain about 1/2'' and see how that feels. If that's still awful to experience does anyone know of a lowering spring that gives you a 1.75 to 1.8 drop? Everything I come across is either 1.2 or 1.5 and coil overs are way out of the budget now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Upper + lower iso's may get you the ht. Suspect a true 1.5 spring without iso's will see 1.7ish drop.
    I know you said out of the budget but, MM coil over kit for your Koni's will not only give you adjustability but a much improved ride and handling.

I've spent thousands already this year, and am growing increasingly frustrated with all the issues, not sure I want to drop another what, thousand(?) in to coil overs and still be frustrated and have less cash for it. The list of what I "could" do to enjoy it again is ever growing by the minute.

I hear you brother. What I want vs what the budget will allow can be frustrating as hell. Start with iso's n see if they get you to the end zone. Steeda use to sell aluminum front spring spacers, may still carry em if you need just a lil more ht after iso's.

Thanks ZR, will look in to them. Ya, if I didn't have such a history with this car I'd be looking for a stock 03/04 Cobra coupe and not touching it besides 1in drop, catback, intake and wheels. This car now serves as a constant reminder to not go too far.

Are your Koni's not adjustable? If you were to do coilovers then you could get everything you want including a quality ride but that would depend on what brand you would go with. I had Eibach Pro S coilovers made by KW and ride and comfort was better than stock and I still had a beautiful stance.

Ride isnt super awful I guess, little bouncy, but height wise rubbing through my fender liners and tapping the group with my bumper is mega annoying. I think I just lack travel.

Spent 4 hours fighting with the car to add upper poly isos. Car doesn't rub fender liners any more or rub at fully lock. But it looks like shit. Gained probably 3/4 inch.

Might settle a hair or two. Did you loosen off the lower arm pivot bolts at ride ht?

I don't know what u mean. Never touched front a arm bolts.