Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After market blowers and insurance...

After market blowers and insurance...

Question for those of you that went from N/A to forced induction, how did you handle the change with your insurance company?

Not a done deal yet but got a quote and verbal "looks like you qualify" from Hagerty yesterday. I had to call direct since when I went through a local broker I was told my car was too new (<15years) and not worth enough <$40k) for the Hagerty products.

Once I get fully approved I can provide more detail but was told the only mods that are out of bounds are cages, roll bars and nitrous. FI is fine. In the application package I received they include a comprehensive questionnaire on the car mods so they know what they are insuring.

Typical usage restrictions. Can't be a DD, limited mileage, storage must be secure etc and no young drivers on the policy.

WTF
    way back when I switched to Zehr.....the car did not have the KB.....but there were mods

so I emailed them my current list of mods and my planned future mods saying I wasn't going to do the blower unless they would agree to cover me

basically I let them know exactly what they were insuring every step of the way...and it was never a problem

Having a blower actually helped me qualify for Hagerty under modified late model.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I've decided to switch insurance company's and would prefer to have my daily and mustang though the same company. Who do you all use?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I use allstate. 2003 mach 1 , 180 per month full coverage

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    hey Nick I use allstate but all 3 vehicles and home is with them - less than $100/mnth for the stang alone

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Monera3v
    When I get a blower, should I advise my insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Question for those of you that went from N/A to forced induction, how did you handle the change with your insurance company?
    Simple.. I just told them this is the way I bought the car and had no idea what modifications were..

When I had the GT, said zero to them. Didn't ask if it was modded, did not volunteer a thing. After all, how many cars here are 100% stock and who are we to determine at which point we should speak up. Unless your looking to insure the additional mods, see only downside to speaking up.
    If it is to become a summer only / pleasure ride with an agreed or appraised value through Hagerty or similar, hell yes you need to air all.
    JMO