Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today was the day the motor decided to give up!

Nghtrdr
    I have found a motor. Hopefully it will last a few years while I rebuild my block to where I always dreamed it to be.

I just want to thank everyone here for all the help and support. You guys are amazing and I appreciate all who stepped forward.
    A huge thanks goes to ZR+1 (Rick and Ross) for all the support and hard work (future & past) to get me through this breakdown. You guys rock!

Thanks
    Dan

Nghtrdr
    The car is back on the road today. Other than a slight vibration all is good. Recommended I replace a few pullys that are at the end of their life span but that's it. She's good to go.

A huge thanks goes out to Rick and Ross for their usual hard work and above/beyond attitude.
    Rick I really could have hugged you today. Lol

I was so used to having to shift early because of the knocking sound the old motor was making, I was doing the same than realized it was unnecessary any more. Wow it's so nice not hearing that nasty sound.
    I've owned this car for 3 years now and I am just starting to enjoy it with all the work that has gone into her this year! Rick and Ross really came through for me, not only on the motor but with a complete rear end upgrade, swapping sub frame connectors, and install of my panhard bar that was sitting in my living room the last two years.

You guys are awesome and that's an understatement.

Thanks to all in the forum who helped me find the motor and to those who were on the hunt for me. I am extremely grateful guys.

To those looking at parts I may have left over I will have all the parts in hand tomorrow and will let you know what's good and what's not.

Dan

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    good news !! just in time for some good weather too

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Great to see you're back up and running. Rick and Ross are great people and some of the best at what they do.
    ~Scott B

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    Great to see you're back up and running. Rick and Ross are great people and some of the best at what they do.
    X2

Nghtrdr
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    I couldn't agree more

Nice. Glad to see tings turned out good in the end. We dealing with similar problems with needboosts car, but like yourself he will get though it.

Couple shots just before the cleaned up heart went in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another one plus shot of the empty engine bay.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nghtrdr
    Greta work Rick. We couldn't be happier!
    She looks damn nice out of the car but much better in. Lol

Replaced a few pullies, belt tensioner and belt and she is smooth running.
    Had the a/c looked at and found it was over pressure by 3.4lbs. Which is a lot. Previous owner must have played with the system before selling it to me. Also found that the DaSilva tune had shut off the clutch on the compressor, which Matt fixed up today in 5 mins. Nice to be able to drive with the windows up and not cook.

Few more minor things to get done under the hood like removing and rewrapping the harness. The old electrical tape has dried out and is missing in some spots. So I picked up some tesa tape (fibre harness tape) to make her even better looking under the hood. Tesa tape is the same used by BMW's and Mercedes-Benz on their wire harnesses.

Time to finally start to enjoy the car.

Thanks again Rick & Ross for all the great work getting this together for us..