Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Running Hot

Running Hot

Having an issue with my 97 Cobra running a little hot. I recently replaced the oil cooler so I flushed the coolant and installed a new thermostat from Ford. I followed the instructions for "burping" the system and now it's sitting high on the temp gauge. It's not in the red but the needle is constantly sitting on the "L" or a little above on the "Normal" on the guage. Any ideas?

Sounds like you still have air in the cooling system. Remove the bleeder on the cross over and make sure it's full then fill the bottle. Start the car and crack the bleeder a few times till all the air is gone

Looks like I have a little leak at the bleeder on the cross over. I've tighten it a couple of times but still loosing a little fluid. Might try to replace the bleeder and see what happens.

If it's running hot, stop driving until you can burp properly. Once cool, top up through the bleeder only with reservoir cap in place. Heat cycle and allow to fully cool, pull plug and recheck, top up as nec.