Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 4.6l 2v Romeo valve covers. Need some info

Nghtrdr

Question 4.6l 2v Romeo valve covers. Need some info

Hi all
    I found a set of 11 bolt valve covers supposedly for mustangs. The oil fill neck is on the left side (drivers). My Windsor 14 bolt covers have the filler neck on the right (passenger).
    I'm not sure if these will work or not and was wondering if someone can post pics of their GT engine bay highlighting the valve covers so I can see what they are suppose to be like.
    2001 up should be a Romeo engine.

Thanks
    Dan

You can google Romeo engines and get a pic. Specifically what is it you are questioning? If you have the complete engine it will fit with no issues. Romeo covers won't fit on Windsor heads....

I have a 96 with Romeo engine if you are looking for pics of something in particular....
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Nghtrdr
    Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    You can google Romeo engines and get a pic. Specifically what is it you are questioning? If you have the complete engine it will fit with no issues. Romeo covers won't fit on Windsor heads....

I have a 96 with Romeo engine if you are looking for pics of something in particular....
    Yeah tried the Google thing!
    I'm looking to visually see the valve covers of a mustang Romeo engine. 01 up 4.6l 2v

More info:
    My engine blew last Friday. Mines a 2000 GT vert with a Windsor block. I found a Romeo engine from a 05 crown Vic complete, that was in a 95 mustang. The oil filler neck on my stock motor is on the passenger side near the front of the motor. No issues with clearing the strut tower brace. The new to me motors oil filler neck is on the drivers side near the middle of the cover and appears to be right under the brace. I found a set of covers for a Romeo supposedly for a mustang but the oil filler neck is on the drivers side as well, although it's more straight up than the ones currently on the Romeo motor. So the two Romeo valve cover sets are different.

I need to verify the valve covers. Ford has discontinued the valve cover with the filler neck on it. So I can't buy new.

Hope this helps clarify what I'm after.

Thanks

Not too sure but I think the 01 model years had the driver side oil fill, or some did, namely the Bullitt because off the intake design. But up to 04 they had the passenger oil fill.
    The non PI 4.6's are Romeos which had the driver side oil fill aswell. When I did the Bullitt intake upgrade, that was the info I found, and saw first hand at the local wreckers cause I needed the driverside oil fill covers as the regular passenger side oil fill covers could not clear the stock inlet tube. Hope this helps.
    Go to your local auto wreckers, and see if you can locate a set of passenger oil fill covers. Back in the day I paid 20 bucks for a set.

Nghtrdr
    Quote Originally Posted by 1low03gt View Post
    Not too sure but I think the 01 model years had the driver side oil fill, or some did, namely the Bullitt because off the intake design. But up to 04 they had the passenger oil fill.
    The non PI 4.6's are Romeos which had the driver side oil fill aswell. When I did the Bullitt intake upgrade, that was the info I found, and saw first hand at the local wreckers cause I needed the driverside oil fill covers as the regular passenger side oil fill covers could not clear the stock inlet tube. Hope this helps.
    Go to your local auto wreckers, and see if you can locate a set of passenger oil fill covers. Back in the day I paid 20 bucks for a set.
    Thanks for the info
    They managed to fit under the cross brace but I would still like to find a set of covers with the fill on the passenger side. It's very tough finding mustangs at the bone yard. Especially v8. Only ever found v6's.

I would still like to see a pic of the fill on passenger side in a GT on a Romeo engine, so I know what to look out for and how the fitment is..

Look in Crown Vic's, or F 150's aswell in the same year range.... 02 threw 04, and some F 150's right too 08 for the 4.6 2v, I'm not too sure of the cut off for the 2v. They too have the oil fill passenger side covers.