Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  27
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: A different brand in the garage

Nice, intended mods internally?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Nice, intended mods internally?
    Just doing the basics...clean the block up and light hone....new rings, bearings and some ARP hardware.
    Stock pistons, crank, and rods are strong enough for what I intend to do with it.

The Z06 (243 cast) heads have a nice port with a big 2.05 valve already installed so just cleaning them up and making sure the valves are seating properly and the geometry is correct with the pushrod length.

Freshen up n check over.

Freshen up n check over.
    Ya...considering the car is 15 years old and has around 135,000kms on the clock why not.
    You just really don't know how things are maintained unless you actually own it yourself.
    I should have just done it last year when I swapped in the cam, lifters, timing chain and other parts.

I just wasn't sure what I was doing with this car....and if I was keeping it....still not really sure..but if I'm going to own/drive it I want it running the way it should.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 11-14-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    Finally got the new plates on the car

Also found someone who really wanted the rims off the car so they're gone

Now to figure out what I want to install on it.....I'm leaning toward polished Race Stars.
    Did you happen to sell them to a guy in the Windsor area?

No the guy that bought them was from Cobourg.

I’m still trying to decide what rims to replace them with....I like a couple of the factory Camaro rims from the 4th Gen but they’re hard to find and limited to 17x9 really.

I also like some of the older Vette OEM stuff like the C5 or C6 rims but you need to use a spacer on the rears and most are staggered 17/18 or 18/19.

I’ve been checking out OE Replica rims and they offer some nice styles and sizes but I’m not sure of the quality and weight of them yet. The replicas I sold were heavy but the quality was good for the age of them. I’m sure only summer use has a lot to do with that but last thing I want is flaking or paint peeling within months with new rims.

If I had the bank roll....I would have already ordered Weld RT-S for it and been done with it...they look sick but $$.
    I’m still considering the cheaper but still nice Race Stars 92 in a 15x10 rear 17x7 front staggered size in polished finish.
    I know it’s a quality rim from owning them on my GT and they apparently fit without issues on the car.

Glad I have a few months to decide.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 11-14-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Borrowed these 17x9 OEM SS rims for my ride for a couple weeks....I like the rim but find the finish kinda dull and boring especially compared to the chrome I had on it.
    They look nicer polished but are difficult to find.

I’m kinda feeling the gunmetal finish lately and think they might look better powdercoated that colour vs the original dull silver finish.

Thoughts? Or suggestions welcome for rims for the car.

Last edited by WidowrRacing; 11-15-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Ross n I saw one with knock off C6 style 5 star wheels, thought they looked amazing.

Ross n I saw one with knock off C6 style 5 star wheels, thought they looked amazing.
    Yes...they do look good and are available in staggered sizes in the replicas.

A guy has a C6 OEM set on Kijiji for sale with rubber reasonably priced but mentioned having to use spacers on all 4 corners when mounted on his 4th Gen.
    I think a 19x10 rear is a little much (big) IMO for the car...If I go replica style I would prob go staggered 18s on the car with a Mickey DR for the rear.

The previous 275s I had on the 17’ Z06 replicas looked kinda small on the car so I think nailing the height is key.
    In saying that the Mickey 275 is almost .5 taller so again not all tires sizes are created equal.
    Offset is also important cause they look stupid if tucked in or sticking out joe dirt style on the rear.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 11-15-2017 at 11:57 PM.