Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  43
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'll start the foreign thread

I actually went on a cruise with the guys I had in mind last night, they all agreed going to an AEM would be a huge benefit and not to bother with the piggybacks. They also said if its that rich, throw some more boost at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    I actually went on a cruise with the guys I had in mind last night, they all agreed going to an AEM would be a huge benefit and not to bother with the piggybacks. They also said if its that rich, throw some more boost at it.
    I'd love to if I could figure out how the Apexi Boost Controller works!! LOL

Have you ever tried to read their paperwork!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Well made it to DaSilva's last Friday to dyno the 300ZX.....very disappointed. The car pulled 316 hp and 317 lb ft. The biggest issue it was running SO rich we aborted the second pull. DaSilva's equipment doesn't display anything less than 10 on the air/fuel. The feeling is its likely running around 9. So now I have to find someone who can tune using the current APEXI controllers or with over to a more modern system (Haltech oe AEM). It has potential of pulling close to 400 if the air/fuel was proper.

So the rest of Friday was uneventful until about 1pm. I attended the 2016 Zcon autocross event at the Brampton Powered Centre on Kennedy Road. It wasn't participating in the event so I parked in an empty area. There was a pickup truck 40 feet to the right and nothing to the left. The car was nose to Kennedy. I was taking pictures of the cars as they negotiated there layout. Walking back to the car another member ran up to me to say my car had been hit. WTF!!! I immediately thought what asshole couldn't drive. BUT that wasn't the issue. A mini van going south on Kennedy lost a front wheel. That thing rolled for 300 feet, between telephone poles and between trees to find the passenger front corner of the car. The custom fender and custom paint job are damaged. I may be looking at a complete repaint!

I called 911, the lady asked if anyone had been hurt.... my response "not yet"! The guy didn't think there was an issue and was pissed I would call the cops. He said the tire was changed by CAA and it was their fault. I say he should have known there was something wrong (steering wheel shaking). Representatives from CAA showed up at a People Choice show at Bruce Mills Conservation area. His words when saw the car was holy fuck.

Interestingly, the CAA rep indicated they had changed the flat on the mini van on the passenger side, but it was the drivers side that fell off.

Now I deal with my insurance.
    This original post was August 8, 2016.

It has taken 9 months, feels like I'm having a baby, but FINALLY getting the car in to be repaired.

The insurance company has come to the table and the car is getting a complete repaint! The custom paint and flames could not be matched.
    This is both good and bad. The bad is the amount of time required for the paint work, The good is that all that can be taken off will be taken off and painted properly. There were niggling little things that drove me nuts. As an example there are rubber gaskets around the door handles that were painted over, this will be corrected. There were stone chips that will also get corrected.

The 2017 ZCON in Austin Texas begins on June 20th (leaving on June 17th) so basically a month to get everything corrected, then cleaned up (we all know how sanding dust gets into everything) before we leave.
    Maybe I'll get an award with the new paint job in the judged portion of the convention, who knows.

Final colour has not been determined, but I'm dropping the flames and will likely get away from the heavy metal flake that is currently on the car.

I'll post pictures as I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I'm a closet Z car fan but don't tell anyone
    Ummmmm.......you blew it!!! lol

With any luck the rest is smooooooother sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    post up what you figure out about your tuning issues. I have a friend down the road with a Z that is also running rich. He's thinking the car will have to come off the road in 2 years due to no pass on Etest. He reinstalled his cats and running on a conditional pass for not.

good luck on your repairs...
    Pretty sure I'll be changing to an AEM or Haltech ECU. Just not sure I can get everything done before Texas. My tuner will be travelling with me.....he may not be sleeping when not driving! ��
    These systems seem to have the necessary pieces to get these motors running optimally.

I will go to Zcon next year when my 240 is ready. Hopefully it will be closer and the purists wont kill me lol. Is your car an OBD2 car?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtospare View Post
    I will go to Zcon next year when my 240 is ready. Hopefully it will be closer and the purists wont kill me lol. Is your car an OBD2 car?
    No its not.

I can either replace the ECU or change the chip in it. I'd love to be able to flash the ECU like I can with my Mustang.

Go standalone since you don't have to deal with OBD etests. Will greatly improve the performance and drivability of that car. Glad to hear they are going for the full repaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I have decided on the colour the 300ZX will be painted. It is Mustang related.

I have chosen the Avalanche Grey from the 2016 Mustang GT350.

2016 Avalanche Gray.jpg