Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lowered on stock shocks n struts.

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer605 View Post
    Thanks ZR. My ultimate goal is to have my car handle like a Boss 302 or better which will mean upgrading sway bars and other bits as well. I looked into the Koni yellow series adjustable struts and shocks tonight and I really like the idea of being able to tweak the settings. Checked American Muscle and they have them on sale. Is there a comparable local store to purchase these?
    There's going to be a bunch of other stuff you need to think about doing - the Boss has unique bushings and control arms etc. By far the biggest factor once you are set with your basic suspension items will be light wheels and sticky tires.....and then brakes to go with it.....and then you'll find your springs aren't stiff enough....and on and on etc. lol

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    There's going to be a bunch of other stuff you need to think about doing - the Boss has unique bushings and control arms etc. By far the biggest factor once you are set with your basic suspension items will be light wheels and sticky tires.....and then brakes to go with it.....and then you'll find your springs aren't stiff enough....and on and on etc. lol
    ...and which BOSS?

Boss 302
    Boss 302LS
    Boss 302S
    Boss 302R

Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    ...and which BOSS?
    The first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer605 View Post
    ...car handle like a Boss 302...
    -Don____________

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    ...and which BOSS?

Boss 302
    Boss 302LS
    Boss 302S
    Boss 302R
    Do you feel better now, JT?

Quote Originally Posted by 2DXTRM View Post
    Wheres the like button?
    \
    Thumbs up at the bottom of each post, click on it to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Do you feel better now, JT?

12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Case in point, my own car. Current set up is double adjustable Koni struts up front with 450lb springs / Maximum Motorsport sport valved Bilsteins out back with 550lb springs. Car has never ever ever ridden and driven so well. Best described as a BMW like, firm n controlled ride, agility n overall feel is nothing like a Mustang is suppose to feel like.
    I know, looking at the spring specs, should ride n feel like a dump truck, amazing how things matched up properly can work so well.
    Car is now just that much better after alignment last night. Combined with the correct struts n shocks, you can run hugely aggressive spring rates on the street while retaining a good but firm ride but yes it's going to be spendy.

That is awesome! The proper way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Car is now just that much better after alignment last night. Combined with the correct struts n shocks, you can run hugely aggressive spring rates on the street while retaining a good but firm ride but yes it's going to be spendy.

Looking to lower my 87 GT
    already have Koni struts n shocks in parts pile
    what would be best spring for comfortable ride and lowered stance (not too low) and would a front control arm swap be best? (already have BBK rears in parts pile as well as Steeda subframe connectors)

The old Ford Racing M-5300-C set worked well in my 87 LX with red adjustable Konis back in the day, good ride and decent handling without being slammed. Maybe look for an uncut set of those used, might be some bargains out there.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries