Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lowered on stock shocks n struts.

My suggestion, Maximum Motorsports road n track springs. Heights have been consistent, ride n handling are terrific.
    Which Koni shocks n struts do you have?

I have the single adjustable struts
    And the srt rears
    With either the road and track springs or the C's would a front control arm swap be necessary?
    Have 17" rims and new cobra calipers and 94 spindles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No stock arm is fine (provided ball joints / bushings are in good shape) but it would feel better on FMS lower arms (improved Cobra style bushings and ball joint).

Thanks for the advice... My main goal is to have a tight feel like a new car so I will for sure have to do the bushings and check/change balljoints
    the car still has less than 100k but I am sure time has not been well to the factory rubber bushings I can feel the "play" in the rear while cornering

If the budget would allow, Maximum lower front arms + coil over conversion + MM alum rack bushings and steering shaft = epic upgrade you'll never regret. Their c/o conversion will install on your Koni fronts. Besides springs and shocks (sorry not a fan of Koni STR), best upgrade for the rear is a set of MM lower arms plus remove quad shocks. Next on the list, MM panhard. Assuming you've already done high end sub frame connectors (Steeda or Maximum) at this point you'd barely recognize it as being your car.
    Cool part about coil overs, you not only gain performance advantage plus ride height adjustability, with the right spring it'll also ride better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    If the budget would allow, Maximum lower front arms + coil over conversion + MM alum rack bushings and steering shaft = epic upgrade you'll never regret. Their c/o conversion will install on your Koni fronts. Besides springs and shocks (sorry not a fan of Koni STR), best upgrade for the rear is a set of MM lower arms plus remove quad shocks. Next on the list, MM panhard. Assuming you've already done high end sub frame connectors (Steeda or Maximum) at this point you'd barely recognize it as being your car.
    Cool part about coil overs, you not only gain performance advantage plus ride height adjustability, with the right spring it'll also ride better.
    I have this exact front set up on my 89....night and day....car feels amazing..super tight.

^ Best part, all that performance without having to put up with it riding like a dump truck.
    Wish we'd known years ago how well MM's coil over kits perform and ride.

Boomer605
    If firm and well planted is the goal, you might be disappointed in Koni Sports as the S/A shocks n struts only provide rebound adjustment. At that point I'd lean more towards Bilstein HD.
    Couple or three guys here have Koni's, maybe try n hook up for ride in one of their cars.
    Well, I did it. I picked up a set of Koni yellow adjustable struts and shocks from American Muscle. After looking into it further they seem to offer the best performance and adjustability for the price. I was able to save 30% with their current sale. Don't think I'll be able to find anything else close for the money. These will be paired with Steeda Sport Springs with Steeda heavy duty strut mounts and a strut tower brace up front and Steeda adjustable Panhard bar and brace and upper control arm upgrade in back. Already rolling on takeoff 2010 GT500 forged 19" wheels and Goodyear Supercar tires.

Really looking forward to the install next spring. To clarify, the Koni's, upper control arm, and Panhard brace will be installed. The other parts mentioned are already in place. Ideally I would also like to have new lower control arms before then and include them as well.

^ Home run.

Boomer605
    ^ Home run.
    Thanks! Any suggestions on settings for a pleasantly firm and controlled ride that won't beat me up? I'll probably start off on full soft and then dial in some firmness until I find the right compromise. What do most guys use on our variable quality GTA roads? Also, are adjustments made equally to front and rears or is one end biased over the other?