Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowered on stock shocks n struts.

Lowered on stock shocks n struts.

This year, more than ever, we've had mustang after mustang in previously lowered on stock shocks n struts complaining they couldn't take the rough ride anymore. Just like I've told the rest, take that barely adequate for stock springs crap off there and lay down your dough on some quality dampers. Just like Glen was last week, you will be flat out amazed at how much ride and handling you've been giving up............G U A R A N T E E D!
    Yes I always put Bilsteins n Koni's (only single / double adjustable) at the top of the heap.

Ding, Ding , Ding ! The good DR has the remedy for ill mannered handling & rough riding lowered cars ! Installed koni adjustable struts up front , difference is like night and day, even the ole gal noticed how much nicer it rode, hard to believe it is the same car ! it's a pleasure to drive, handles bumps ruts etc, cannot wait till I get the rears done ! Thanks ZR for the install & advice.
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

for the Koni (because Bilstiens are expensive) are the STR.T ok? or is it better to have the Adjustable sports?

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    ^^ +1 with stock damper change when lowering vehicle

I was restricted budget wise at the the time to do everything at once.I think for some this may be the reason to replace springs only at first.
    I just stock piled springs/panhard,c plates till I had enough for the dampers.
    Rode 4x4 for the longest time even though I had the lowering springs- glad I waited, when everything was done at the same time and took first drive home from Rick's my first driving impression was " did we even lower it?"

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by dbovine View Post
    for the Koni (because Bilstiens are expensive) are the STR.T ok? or is it better to have the Adjustable sports?
    Koni's price is not for the faint of heart also !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbovine View Post
    str are will be good- know some that run it- it feels like adjustables on its softest setting. and right now I've had the adjustables on its softest setting since install. I'll only adjust it slightly stiffer for track day- ( if I can finally get out to one)

adjustable good to have- do I really need it? will my lazy butt fool around and turn the knobs lol - for the street - I don't think so

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

There really is no comparison between the single / dual adjustable sports and the STR.T. If Koni's aren't in the cards, Bilsteins would be my next choice.
    Shocks n struts, save until the budget will allow you to buy something you'll be happy with for years to come vs having to replace a second time.

Well you know what Im brewing up for my car, and I currently have Roush V6 springs and I am running Stock 5.0 fox body shocks and struts and they arent horrible but on some of the rough roads in the sault or some spirited driving, they are not cutting it. So I plan to overhaul the suspension as well as the drive train when this all goes down

Stock Fox struts and shocks were crap when brand new. I changed them at around 15000 km on my 87 back in the day, swapping in Koni reds which were single adjustable back then, and FRPP 5300-C springs. Even though the front springs were linear rate and much stiffer than the originals, it rode better (and handled way better) than stock.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Been running the Bilsteins on my 91 fox ever since I did the suspension and 5 lug brake conversion in 2010 and the car rides great on all roads, very smooth on highways.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue