Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lowered on stock shocks n struts.

Nicely done.

Boomer605
    ZR, If I can improve handling and ride significantly I will certainly put it on my mod list. Clearly you have lots of experience with the changeover and what's available. What would you recommend for replacement dampers for my situation? I have the Steeda Sport springs. Would the Steeda struts and dampers be better matched for their springs or would Koni / Bilstien be a better option?

I put Koni yellows much improved , when I bought it it was already dropped 1.5" on stock struts & shocks , I hated it lol
    If I can just iron out a few other things soon I might actually get in some seat time .

No experience with the Steeda dampers. The Bilsteins are well on the firm side, Koni's (adjustables) are controlled but with a great ride.

Boomer605
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    No experience with the Steeda dampers. The Bilsteins are well on the firm side, Koni's (adjustables) are controlled but with a great ride.
    Thanks ZR. My ultimate goal is to have my car handle like a Boss 302 or better which will mean upgrading sway bars and other bits as well. I looked into the Koni yellow series adjustable struts and shocks tonight and I really like the idea of being able to tweak the settings. Checked American Muscle and they have them on sale. Is there a comparable local store to purchase these?

If firm and well planted is the goal, you might be disappointed in Koni Sports as the S/A shocks n struts only provide rebound adjustment. At that point I'd lean more towards Bilstein HD.
    Couple or three guys here have Koni's, maybe try n hook up for ride in one of their cars.

Boomer605
    If firm and well planted is the goal, you might be disappointed in Koni Sports as the S/A shocks n struts only provide rebound adjustment. At that point I'd lean more towards Bilstein HD.
    Couple or three guys here have Koni's, maybe try n hook up for ride in one of their cars.
    Thanks everyone. I'll ask around on cruise nights. Something to put on next year's mod list.

^ Nice.

Case in point, my own car. Current set up is double adjustable Koni struts up front with 450lb springs / Maximum Motorsport sport valved Bilsteins out back with 550lb springs. Car has never ever ever ridden and driven so well. Best described as a BMW like, firm n controlled ride, agility n overall feel is nothing like a Mustang is suppose to feel like.
    I know, looking at the spring specs, should ride n feel like a dump truck, amazing how things matched up properly can work so well.

Case in point, my own car. Current set up is double adjustable Koni struts up front with 450lb springs / Maximum Motorsport sport valved Bilsteins out back with 550lb springs. Car has never ever ever ridden and driven so well. Best described as a BMW like, firm n controlled ride, agility n overall feel is nothing like a Mustang is suppose to feel like.
    I know, looking at the spring specs, should ride n feel like a dump truck, amazing how things matched up properly can work so well.
    Wheres the like button?