Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Lowered on stock shocks n struts.

Grebnitty
    I've now learned this lesson the hard way. I did Eibach pro springs on stock shocks/struts on my s550 and it was ok for a couple months but has progressively gotten worse to the point that the ride is so bad I can't take it any longer. I'm pretty sure the rear shocks are toast. Who ever has done this and had good results is really lucky. Koni yellows on the way.

Grebnitty
    Well, I have installed my Koni sport shocks and struts with the Eibach's and all I can say is, WOW! What a night and day difference in ride quality. I have them set on 50% and the ride is incredible compared to the stock stuff with the Eibach's. I only wish I did this sooner. Never again will I put lowering springs on stock suspension. Thanks Rick and Ross, you guys did a great job as usual.

Mustang Occasionally
    I have the pro kit with front and rear sways on my stock shocks and struts and have zero complaints. Rides nice and handles awesome. It's not at all too harsh and the car can take a corner on the the street or the track and there is no drama from the suspension. I think I could use better tires after several track (road and drag) days and a lot of highway cruising, tho.

Mustang Occasionally
    I see you have a 17 GT with the performance pack. I wonder if that's the difference. I just have the GT Premium - no performance package. The PP struts and shocks are tuned firmer than the regular GT and perhaps they just didn't play well for a nice ride with the Eibach pro springs.

Grebnitty
    I think you might be right. I used to think that the PP shocks were the same, I thought they only upgraded the springs, but now that I think back when I purchased the car, there was a bullet point on the performance package that said "Unique chassis and suspension tuning" , so that must be the difference in the shocks. It makes sense.

Thanks to the Good DR ZR for installing the Bilsteins on the rear, car corners flatter, and is smoother on the wash board roads, it also raised the rear up just a hair, handles so much better (a bit firmer) feels so much better than stock ! Thanks Again Rick for the great service and info on what to buy.
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile