Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SN95 OBD Port Question

SN95 OBD Port Question

Hoping for a little help. My SCT flasher won't boot up when plugged into my 96 cobra - but boots when i plug it into my other vehicle. Tried my buddy's flasher and it also didn't boot up in my stang.

I was able to measure 12V on pin 16 - so I'm definitely getting power to the port. However, I was not able to measure the 12V through Pin 5 which is supposed to be the chassis ground. This leads me to believe that the ground is bad.

Does anybody know where this wire is grounded to the chassis? Hoping someone will know before I start taking the dash apart!!

Thanks

Rich
    Rich

Without a wiring diagram, not sure where it picks up ground. However, if it's chassis ground, no reason not to tie a ground wire into it.

What version SCT tuner is it? Also you bought another 96?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Without a wiring diagram, not sure where it picks up ground. However, if it's chassis ground, no reason not to tie a ground wire into it.
    Ya i'm thinking about tapping into the ground wire and making a new chassis ground.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    What version SCT tuner is it? Also you bought another 96?
    Its a BAMA X3 unit...came with the car. It works perfect when i plug it into any other car so I'm certain it's my car that is the problem.

Yes. Bought a 96 cobra. Was gonna make a new post when I eventually get this thing on the road lol. Need to get this issue worked out before getting a safety/etest.

Rich
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-C View Post
    Its a BAMA X3 unit...came with the car. It works perfect when i plug it into any other car so I'm certain it's my car that is the problem.

Yes. Bought a 96 cobra. Was gonna make a new post when I eventually get this thing on the road lol. Need to get this issue worked out before getting a safety/etest.

Rich
    Do you still have the 04? Would love to see pics of the 96 when you can.
    ~Scott B

Rich
    Have you check the cig lighter fuse? My xcal 2 wouldnt power up when I first bought it, of course I looked at everything for cause but that.

Also I think if I'm reading my manuals right, pin 4 is chassis ground and pin 5 is signal ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Have you check the cig lighter fuse? My xcal 2 wouldnt power up when I first bought it, of course I looked at everything for cause but that.

Also I think if I'm reading my manuals right, pin 4 is chassis ground and pin 5 is signal ground.
    Ya I checked that and have the burn on my finger to prove it lol.

It was pin 5 giving me the problem. I spliced in a new ground wire and I'm back in business! Thank goodness.
    Rich

Rich
    Irrelevant now, but you don't need obd port to work for safety or etest on a '96.

Please tell me it's mystic.

Ya I checked that and have the burn on my finger to prove it lol.

It was pin 5 giving me the problem. I spliced in a new ground wire and I'm back in business! Thank goodness.
    Quick n easy fix, nice.