Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spotted this at my dealer the other day.

Same price puts you into a GT350 and IMO is more of an all around car.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    big coin for a car that can only go straight.
    can only go straight? Id say thats a bit of a stretch.

I think motor trend got like 0.94g lateral acceleration on their test. not at all a bad starting point for a street/drag car if for some reason you wanted to make it handle better. im sure if dodge thought there was a market for people looking to buy boats that can outhandle anything on the road course they would have built that instead, but then they are competing against their viper which doesnt exactly help.

Same price puts you into a GT350 and IMO is more of an all around car.
    i wont pretend that I have driven one, but having watched every review I can find on the car I would agree it seems the 350 is more of an all around car. I dont think there is a better or worse between the two. just different.

people can go on and on about the handling and feel of the gt350, but cruising down the 407 I bet you sure dont want a hellcat to show up and ruin your feel good party lol

Personally I would be more than happy with either car, heck even my coworkers srt-8 is more than enough fun for me on the street.

Having spent much of the day Monday starring at a gt350 parked in a row with other s550s down by burlington beach, the untrained eye really wouldnt even think the gt350 is anything special. "just another mustang". which I guess is a bit of a let down for some I suppose.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible Ford Racing 3.73 Gears / JLT CAI / Steeda UDPs / SCT SF3 Tuner / Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust
    SOLD

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by js197 View Post
    can only go straight? Id say thats a bit of a stretch.

I think motor trend got like 0.94g lateral acceleration on their test...
    A lateral G is how well the car sticks on the skidpad but doesn't include transitioning from side to side or while braking. At 4500lbs (Hellcat), it's a very, very big car and that weight would be very hard to get under control on a road course, so it's not a stretch at all.

Pleasure cruising? Ya I bet it's very nice and looks amazing doing it. But this is no road course car.

The Viper is discontinued after this year so cannibalization will no longer be an issue anymore.

For that money I can be behind the wheel of a sweet used Porsche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    A lateral G is how well the car sticks on the skidpad but doesn't include transitioning from side to side or while braking. At 4500lbs (Hellcat), it's a very, very big car and that weight would be very hard to get under control on a road course, so it's not a stretch at all.

Pleasure cruising? Ya I bet it's very nice and looks amazing doing it. But this is no road course car.

The Viper is discontinued after this year so cannibalization will no longer be an issue anymore.
    I hear ya that its not the greatest road course car, but lots of guys are still doing lap days fine. its heavy, but its not like you are driving a station wagon. pretty sure a hellcat has been around every major road course in north america by now.

Since Viper will be leaving last I heard from my car nut coworker (big 3 ultra enthusiast kind guy - owns a charger srt/mustang gt & c5 corvette plus several other domestic cars (no imports ) they were widening the Hellcat substancially in the next update to fit seriously wide rubber and the car will be more track focused and also making more power than the current model. he's been waiting for a while now as its on his radar as the next purchase. he drove a gt350 already but thinks it will be worth the wait for the new hellcat. then again he is a bigger guy and doesnt go to road courses or drive like a nut so he may be a bit biased towards "fat cats" lol

S197 Mustang GT Convertible Ford Racing 3.73 Gears / JLT CAI / Steeda UDPs / SCT SF3 Tuner / Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust
    SOLD

Mustang Occasionally
    But don't get me wrong... I absolutely love the current Challenger. It's the best looking muscle car available right now imo. I priced out a Challenger Scat Pack before I got my current Mustang. Just a great looking car. I ultimately went with the Mustang because I just thought it would overall be a more versatile car for my purposes.

stangstevers
    sorry but for the money, I'd rather buy a used Tesla S, Used Maserati Ghibli... or even a twin turbo 4.0 V8 Audi S6 and have enough money left over for that 35k yellow fox 'vert But I'm not into big girls by any means... and certainly not a huge Dodge fan so I may be biased.

Sweet Machine
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)