Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Equipment Suggestions

Video Equipment Suggestions

Was just approached by my boss to pick up some video recording equipment. I have no experience with this type of tech.
    Can anyone suggest a budget friendly video recorder, tri pod and editing software? They'll be used to record some training material as well as marketing vids etc. Any other suggestions you have are welcome.
    Thanks guys/gals.
    ~Scott B

Define budget friendly? We talking small startup budget friendly or municipal office at year end budget friendly?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

FWIW we bought a Canon EOS 70D, added a bag, seven oak hand held stabilizer, manfrotto tripod and monopod and I think it call came in around $1700 or so. I can pull invoices if you want. Software is Adobe Premiere Pro but that's just monthly subscription, since Adobe won't let you buy software outright anymore, think it was $25 per month to add it to the licenses.

We have yet to exceed the capabilities of this setup for 99% of our YT/Social and general shoot stuff. If you want to have a pro end product, its all in the people using the gear and software IMO. We could have spent 2x our cost and I'm confident the results would be the same, hell some of the shit we've recorded on tablets/phones has been decent for internal consumption. Depending on how large a volume of videos you intend to shoot it may be better to just find a good agency to shoot and produce the pieces you want and budget for their costs YoY vs buying the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Define budget friendly? We talking small startup budget friendly or municipal office at year end budget friendly?
    Sorry, you're right. Small business budget for something that might be used a few times a year for internal consumption with perhaps the odd FB post. I'd say $500-$1000 tops.
    ~Scott B

Decent Sony action HD cam + tripod mount + basic Adobe Premiere Elements will probably fit the bill nicely. I may have my proposal memos and cost estimates somewhere from when they asked me to research this same thing somewhere I can try and find.

Sony PWM-300K1 $7K-$10K (you can also pick up used in decent shape for less)

Lens: FUJINON HA18x7.6 BERM 2/3" HD Zoom Lens w/2x Extender (Note, the stock Sony lens is excellent, no need for a broadcast lens in most cases) $20K or less for used in good shape

Tripod: Manfrotta Twin with Spiked Spreader $600-$1K
    Head: Sachtler Fluid Head with Counterbalance and Illuminated Leveler $1K-$3K or less for a good condition used older model

Editing Software: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro $65usd/month (includes a lot of other programs I did not list though)

IMG_4181_1200.jpg

IMG_4176_1200.jpg

Editing right now actually...as we speak

Premiere:

20160913_160648.jpg

20160913_160800.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    Sorry, you're right. Small business budget for something that might be used a few times a year for internal consumption with perhaps the odd FB post. I'd say $500-$1000 tops.

Okay then, NM my posts LOL, was in the middle of getting prices and taking pics before I saw this...my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Decent Sony action HD cam + tripod mount + basic Adobe Premiere Elements will probably fit the bill nicely. I may have my proposal memos and cost estimates somewhere from when they asked me to research this same thing somewhere I can try and find.
    That would be awesome if you could find them. Really appreciate it.
    ~Scott B

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Okay then, NM my posts LOL, was in the middle of getting prices and taking pics before I saw this...my bad
    Appreciate you taking the time Dave!
    ~Scott B