Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,661
Page 46 of 152 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

Off my meds again
    Just saw. He's a tool, he even "dabed" whatever the fuck that stupid ass shit is supposed to symbolize.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    “I had a ton of momentum, caught him and turned him,” Dillon said. “He should do the same thing to me in the same situation.”
    Almirola ws pretty gracious about it afterwards given what happened.

Came away thinking the same Richard, he's a good guy who deserved better.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Just saw. He's a tool, he even "dabed" whatever the fuck that stupid ass shit is supposed to symbolize.
    Makes zero sense to me as well.

I'm a little more split on it than you guys. I think if you're going to throw blocks on the last lap of the Daytona 500 in hopes of not even letting anyone along side, you better be prepared to get a tap. I would've liked to have seen that tap be a little smaller, and maybe after showing a bit more patience but....I agree with Dillon, there are very few racers out there who lift with a run like that on the last lap of the Daytona 500.

I didn't watch any of it. Didn't miss it. Went sledding instead. I'm actually surprised how little I care.

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    I'm a little more split on it than you guys. I think if you're going to throw blocks on the last lap of the Daytona 500 in hopes of not even letting anyone along side, you better be prepared to get a tap. I would've liked to have seen that tap be a little smaller, and maybe after showing a bit more patience but....I agree with Dillon, there are very few racers out there who lift with a run like that on the last lap of the Daytona 500.
    agree

pretty sure the guy who drove the #3 into Victory Lane at Daytona the last time would have no problem with that move

was a shame so many good cars were taken out early....

I was rooting for Elliot.....the kid sure can drive

Rusty Wallace would certainly agree Tim, and that was for 3rd or 4th I think, while Sr was running out of gas. This has been a part of restrictor plate racing since, well, when restrictor plates came to be a thing. And this year more than ever you don't even need to contact the leading car, just get the air moving right and they'll come around and wreck. With both the blocking and the punting its now a "well everyone else is doing it so I will too" sort of thing.

I'd like to see the repeated blocking get removed from the race. In all other racing you can make one defensive move but after that it is illegal. So why not in NASCAR? They are encouraged to swerve lane to lane over and over lap after lap to maintain the lead. Its BS IMO and too dangerous on the plate tracks. If you are leading and the other lane gets a run block it once. If your first lane builds speed, tough shit, do something to time things better next time or position yourself elsewhere to be leading the correct lane when it matters. That is racing to me. Instead of repeatedly block knowing it is just a matter of time before the field wrecks.

The #10 should not have made multiple blocks. The #3 should have lifted. But both were playing within the same set of rules accepted for this race and both knew the consequences. So the 3 wins and the 10 tips his hat with class after leaving the care center. It is what it is. But I don't like it.

And the Dab is just a dance move that some rappers started in Atlanta I think. A quarterback in the NFL made it most popular as his TD celebration and it spread like wildfire through pre-teen kids. They all love it for some reason. Its not a symbol for anything really, just confidence and winning I guess.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

FOX needs to move on from Darrell Waltrip. I’m so sick of boogity boogity.
    And then he yammers on about air guns while everyone else is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by RioCobra View Post
    FOX needs to move on from Darrell Waltrip. I’m so sick of boogity boogity.
    And then he yammers on about air guns while everyone else is talking.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants him gone.