Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,661
Page 61 of 152 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

Harvick was my pick, but glad to see Logano win instead of the other two.

I'm guessing that Logano will be remembered as the most unpopular champion in NASCAR history. This stupid CHASE format just goes to show how a guy who wasn't a factor all season ends up winning the big prize. So undeserving. The 3 guys who finished behind him accounted for more than half the race wins all season long. Oh well, I don't think I watched a race all season and I don't see that changing in the future.

Carmen

LAS VEGAS – It was hardly a surprise to hear Chase Elliott’s name called as the 2018 Most Popular Driver during the NASCAR Champion’s Week banquet in Las Vegas.
    Elliott’s fellow drivers joked about it throughout the week, many of them already predicting Elliott to win it long before his name was called. Kyle Busch even clowned with Elliott during his media obligations offstage.
    “When all your peers answer the interview as if you’ve already won, it kind of makes it odd,” Elliott said with a smile. “… It’s a great honor to have.”
    RELATED: Past Most Popular Driver winners
    The award has been in the families of the Elliotts and Earnhardts for 33 years in total, with the younger Elliott claiming his first title on Thursday evening. As Dale Earnhardt Jr. – who won the award for 15 straight seasons before his retirement at the end of the season — announced Elliott as the winner, it was almost a passing of the torch.
    From one beloved racing family back to another.
    “So cool though that it’s stayed between Elliott and Earnhardt for so long,” Elliott said on stage after accepting the award.
    “I am glad though that you quit a year before you broke Dad’s record,” he then joked with Junior, referencing his father Bill Elliott’s 16 MPD wins. “… I’m pretty happy about that. We got it back in the right name.”

After five seasons at Stewart-Haas Racing, Kurt Busch is moving on for the 2019 season. The driver announced as much in a Sunday night tweet, with both the official team Twitter account and team co-owner Tony Stewart chiming in as well.

After five seasons at Stewart-Haas Racing, Kurt Busch is moving to the No. 1 car of Chip Ganassi Racing for the 2019 season in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, and Monster Energy is coming along for the ride.
    The driver, team and brand Monster Energy announced the news Tuesday on social media. Busch and Ganassi are scheduled to participate in a teleconference Tuesday afternoon to reveal more details about their partnership.

Dale Jr will drive the Chevy pace truck at Daytona.

FOX Sports officials confirmed Wednesday that Jamie McMurray has joined its NASCAR broadcast team as an analyst for the 2019 season.

^^^Ever wonder about racing sleds on such a track?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Think more about running a sled around Mosport.