Page 62 of 151 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

That would be super cool!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    ^^^Ever wonder about racing sleds on such a track?
    Not exactly that track, but check out the I-500 in Soo Michigan. 500 miles on a 1 mile ice oval.

New look for Harv next season, hawt says me.

R.I.P. JD Gibbs

Rest In Peace Glen Wood.

R.I.P.

Now this is gonna change things up.

NASCAR competition officials announced Monday that post-race inspection for all three national series will have a new model for 2019, introducing a system where race-winning teams found in violation of the rule book would be disqualified.
    The rules change signals a shift in a long-standing tradition of penalizing an offending race winner with fines, suspensions and/or points deductions, but allowing victories to stand. The new system also accelerates the timetable for thorough post-race technical inspections, which will now be conducted at the track soon after the checkered flag instead of midweek at the NASCAR Research & Development Center in Concord, North Carolina.
    “I think for us, we’re really looking at a total culture change,” said Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer. “We’ve been through a deterrence model where we’ve really worked with the race teams at the track and probably been more lenient than we should in terms of the number of times teams can go through inspection and pass, fail and there’s almost incentive to try to get something by NASCAR, so we want to really reverse that trend.
    “We’re going to put it on the teams to bring their equipment right. When they come to the track, we’ll be much less lenient as they go through technical inspection with stiffer penalties in terms of qualifying, and then ultimately during the race, obviously we want everyone to be racing straight up.”
    RELATED: More competition tweaks for ’19
    The cars of the first-place and second-place finishers, plus at least one randomly selected car, will undergo post-race inspection at the track. Competition officials said they are targeting a time frame of approximately 90 minutes to two hours to complete the inspection and confirm the race winner.
    Should one of those cars fail the post-race inspection, the driver and team would receive last-place points and the rest of the finishing order would move up. Disqualified teams also would be stripped of the benefits of playoff points, stage points and automatic postseason berths and playoff advancement.
    The shift in rules marks a distinct break from a longstanding, unwritten company policy. Series organizers have avoided taking wins away for decades, adhering to a belief that fans should leave the race track with an assurance that the first finisher was indeed the winner.
    Current-day officials acknowledged that break in tradition, saying that a goal of the new procedures was to accelerate the inspection process and avoid the potential pall that midweek penalties can cast over both the previous week’s result and the following week’s race.

This is a good and a bad thing. I always thought that a cheater shouldn't keep the win. It's almost worth cheating to score a win and the headlines. On the other hand we will now have confusion over who actually won the race. The winner at the track may not be the winner 2 hrs later. Then 2 weeks later after the appeals process the winner might revert bak to the guy who won at the track. Even worse what if first and second both fail post race inspection. Then 3rd wins and then during appeals the win is given back to the original 1st or 2nd place driver. No wonder nascar doesn't have any fans in the seats anymore. They have let this stuff become a monster and changing it isn't going to help fan support. It will be amusing to hear that Jimmie Johnson or Logano got booted though..

Of course I won't be affected by this rule change because I will not watch any racing series that has a moron like Logano as the champion.

Logano comment, diggin it.

Pole qualifying for the Daytona 500 on right now.

Question, how does this channel, Fox Sports 409 on Rogers, survive with mostly commercials from other shows that are on the channel? If I see another commercial for "R U Faster than a Redneck" or "Dumbest Stuff on Wheels" I'm gonna scream!

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg!!!!!!!!! I hit the submit button and both show up again.