Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,647
Page 52 of 151 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

Off my meds again
    Interesting video, though none of it is really a surprise.

Went to Michigan this weekend. First time at a race beyond a few trips to see dirt track sprint races or drags where friends were involved. Weather didn't cooperate too much but it was a fun experience, and most importantly my father in law was thrilled. Also, standing by the wall having them go past makes you realize just how quickly they are moving. Don't get me wrong, I knew they were fast, but seeing/hearing/feeling them blow past makes you realize just how fast.

I was also really impressed at how well it was run and how easy it was to get in and out.

Now would I go again? I wouldn't say no, but I also don't think I would go out of my way unless it was to Bristol or maybe Watkins Glen.

Club Supporter
    Yeah, pretty cool when the pack goes past you at speed. They don't bunch up as much at MIS as with Daytona or Talladega but that wall of wind and sound they're pushing as they go by is awesome (plus the shower of tire rubber/dust).

What time did the race finish? My PVR missed most of it due to the late rain start.

Just after 6:30. It only went 132 laps when the rain started again. We (along with almost everyone else) left before it was officially called complete. Figured that it was long enough to be official and with how long it would take to dry the track there was no chance they would get racing again.

Club Supporter
    Bummer.

Matt Kenseth has added 10 races to his 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series schedule for Roush Fenway Racing, the organization announced on Wednesday.
    Kenseth will pilot the No. 6 Ford for a four-week stretch that includes Kentucky (July 14), New Hampshire (July 22), Pocono, (July 29) and Watkins Glen (Aug. 5). He will also be behind the wheel for Darlington (Sept. 2), the regular-season finale at Indianapolis (Sept. 9) as well as the playoff races at Dover (Oct. 7), Martinsville (Oct. 28), Phoenix (Nov. 11) and Homestead-Miami (No. 18). The team release notes that additional races for the 2003 champion “are still under consideration.”

Trick or Truex.............what a move to win the race, epic.

I have the race recorded but I know who wins. I've watched the first two stages and its disappointing how they don't have the camera view of their feet or under the car any more.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Lots of empty seats in Chicago today, but quite the finish, and Kyle Busch is still an ass.

Off my meds again
    Probably the ugliest car ever in Nascar....