Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,647
Page 68 of 151 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Ford Honors the First Class of 20-Year Senior Master Technicians with Wood Brothers Racing’s Paint Scheme

Seventy-four of the original class of 78 Ford and Lincoln Senior Master Technicians in the U.S. attended last week’s Consumers Energy 400 at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) as special guests of Ford and Wood Brothers Racing.

Ford Service Engineering Operations (Ford SEO), in partnership with Ford Motorcraft, honored Automotive Service Technicians who maintained Senior Master status for 20 years as part of a major initiative to help promote the automotive technician career field by rewarding the hard work of those excelling in the field.

The 20-year Senior Master Technicians were honored by having their names on the sides of the No. 21 Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Mustang driven by Paul Menard. To become a Ford Senior Master Tech, technicians complete 15 classroom courses, 57 online classes and must have five years of service at a Ford or Lincoln dealership. To maintain their Senior Master status, these technicians took required training and two electives per year, for the last 20 years.

Full story here:

https://www.at.ford.com/en/homepage/...dbrothers.html
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Off my meds again
    I found this interview with Dr. Jerry Punch pretty interesting. I knew Dale got hurt severely in 1996, but didn't know it was this bad. It makes him breaking the track record at Watkins Glen two weeks later all that more impressive.

Off my meds again
    It still baffles me that he survived that wreck, when the one that killed him looked comparatively minor.

I know even if he were still alive, he'd be long since retired but I still miss seeing him race. The one thing I wonder is, how many more races would he have won, would he have finally broke through for his 8th championship? I mean before the wreck in '96, he was leading the points and he even finished second to Labonte in 2000. I guess we shall never know.

Hé is the reason I followed nascar, then it was jr. Now.... meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machzilla
    #18 all the way!!!!

One hell of a loss when Sr passed.
    Yes accident that took his life did not look serious.

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    Ford, Ford Customer Service Division Honors Wood Brothers Racing Patriarch Glenn Wood at Darlington

Ford will honor the late Glenn Wood, Wood Brothers Racing’s patriarch and NASCAR Hall of Famer, with a special tribute paint scheme on the No. 21 Ford Mustang this week at Darlington Raceway.

The paint scheme will cap a weekend of Ford activities. A special Wood Brothers documentary will air on 6 p.m. ET Friday and 4 p.m. ET Sunday on NBCSN. On Sunday, Edsel B. Ford II, his sons Henry III and Albert, NASCAR Hall of Famer Leonard Wood, who has been with the team since its inception, and team co-owner Eddie Wood will make a parade lap in Ford vehicles before the green flag drops. Edsel Ford will drive the Ford Mustang GT500 pace car, while his sons and Leonard will drive four fan-chosen vintage Mustangs.

Full story here:

https://www.at.ford.com/en/homepage/.../WoodBros.html
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Never been so excited for a race this weekend.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

How can you not be a fan of Dale Jr?

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'