Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,661
Page 42 of 152 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

That would have been cool.

Mustang, Camaro, Challenger! Bring it on!
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Daytona 500 winner Kurt Busch will return to the Stewart-Haas Racing stable in 2018, filling one of the final few remaining pieces of NASCAR’s “Silly Season.”
    Busch, in a statement provided to motorsport.com and kickinthetires.net, said:
    “Having my hard work pay off by winning the … 2017 Daytona 500 has given me the drive to continue conquering the NASCAR world. I am excited to enter the 2018 racing season as a Monster Energy athlete where I will continue to drive my favorite manufacturer, the Ford Motor Company

JHN signed with Chip Ganassi to share the Xfinity #42 with Larson. That's pretty cool. It'd also be neat if he and Larson get to run some IMSA or WEC events.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

The die-cast car from Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s final race as a full-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver was the best-selling paint scheme for Lionel Racing in 2017.
    Lionel Racing released its top 10 list Thursday. Earnhardt paint schemes take up five of the 10 spots. The Axalta/Last Ride car at Homestead-Miami Speedway consisted of a design Earnhardt drove early in his career.
    Not only was it this year’s top seller, Lionel Racing says the car is now the best-selling die-cast in the company’s history.
    “The demand for this car has been simply astounding,” said Lionel Racing president Howard Hitchcock. “The fan response to this die-cast is a true measure of how much Earnhardt has meant to both casual NASCAR fans and serious die-cast collectors.”
    MORE: Dale Jr. die-cast deals
    The 2017 top 10 best-selling cars:
    1.Dale Earnhardt Jr. Axalta/Last Ride Chevrolet SS
    2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nationwide Darlington Chevrolet SS
    3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Nationwide Chevrolet SS
    4. Chase Elliott NAPA Chevrolet SS | SHOP: Elliott’s new number
    5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Axalta/Ducks Unlimited Chevrolet SS
    6. Ryan Blaney Motorcraft/Pocono win Ford Fusion | SHOP: New look for Blaney
    7. Kyle Busch M&M’s Caramel/Bristol Win Toyota Camry
    8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Axalta Chevrolet SS
    9. Chase Elliott Hooters Chevrolet SS
    10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Mountain Dew/Talladega raced version Chevrolet SS

I love how you can use merch sales as a gauge for ranking drivers popularity. There is no question Dale Jr and Chase are fan favourites, then you see that list and it is confirmed so clearly.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

My money's on Chase becomes the new most popular driver n see's a good part of Jr Nation jump over to his camp.

Super cool new paint scheme, hope he does well there.

NASCAR’s power couple has called it quits, PEOPLE confirms.
    Danica Patrick and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. have ended their romance nearly five years after they began dating ahead of their NASCAR Cup Series rookie seasons in 2013, a rep for Patrick confirms to PEOPLE.
    A spokeswoman for Patrick confirmed on Monday that the athletes are “no longer in a relationship.”
    Neither Patrick, 35, nor Stenhouse Jr., 30, have publicly commented on the split. Stenhouse Jr. made the NASCAR playoffs for the first time in 2017 and is expected to race for Roush Fenway Racing next season, ESPN reports.
    Breakup rumors began circulating after Stenhouse Jr. showed up at NASCAR’s annual awards last month without Patrick, according to the Charlotte Observer.