Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,661
Page 13 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Wild seeing the truck do a full rotation like that and landing on it's wheels.

Wasn't that one hell of a wild wreck fest yesterday. Gotta wonder if it sets the stage for what we'll see from the cup cars today. Hats off to Nascar on the stages and the insane action it's produced from the drop of the green flag.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- He tested at Phoenix earlier this year, qualified on the outside of the front row for Sunday's Daytona 500 (2 p.m. ET, FOX, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio) and on Thursday he led the bulk of his Can-Am Duel qualifying race before finishing fifth.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is officially back.

Today marks his return to Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series points races, and no one is more pleased about it than the driver of the No. 88 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports.

"I really had fun," Earnhardt said Thursday evening after a strong return at a track where he's typically one of a handful of drivers expected to run well. "I hated to lose but still we have to be aware of how far we've come to get back here. To go out there and lead all those laps and be able to make some good smart moves, it felt great."

The road back has been a long one for the 42-year-old Earnhardt, who missed the final 18 races of 2016 while recovering from concussion-like symptoms. It marked the second time he had been sidelined by such an injury, and he admitted there were times he questioned what his racing future held.

RELATED: Junior emerges from injury stronger, centered and ready to win
    "There was a lot of time during the recovery where there were days I was 90 percent sure I wasn't going to drive again," he said. "There were days when it was 50 percent. It was just moving all over the place depending on what I felt that day. Your recovery is up and down, you have good days and bad days. …
    "When it came down to it, I had to decide for myself if I wanted to drive anymore. I'm not going to race because of any other reason than I want to be out there."

Earnhardt will roll off second alongside Elliott, the pole winner, for the 59th running of the Daytona 500. He is a two-time winner of the "Great American Race" and one of the favorites based on past success and this year's efforts thus far.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Wasn't that one hell of a wild wreck fest yesterday. Gotta wonder if it sets the stage for what we'll see from the cup cars today. Hats off to Nascar on the stages and the insane action it's produced from the drop of the green flag.
    I had the race on but the PVR was recording. Looks like I have to set my timers this year for a lot of extra time past the standard end time to make sure it doesn't cut off the action.

Crazy how long the race was yesterday.

TheMustangShow
    Hopefully, at least 10 cars will finish the Race today. WTF?

Nice to see Bill Eliiott there cheering on his Kid, Elliot was a true Champion and from an era before Nascar was neutered and still had FAST Stock Cars.

Too bad the Canadian got taken out, was really pulling for him to finish, time to go back to workin' on the FOX.

Club Supporter
    They're going to have to change the 5-minute rule for superspeedways I think.

Jamie fucking McMurray......................get a life buddy. How many stupid things does a driver have to do before Nascar parks him.

What a demolition derby!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Second huge wreck he's caused in the last few minutes.