Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,673
Page 23 of 152 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

WTF
    so.....Danica finally made it into victory lane

yeah....someone had to say it

So who's the driver now?

I happened to switch over to this after the Raptors tanked, great finish to the race. Indifferent about Stenhouse getting a win, but nice to see a Roush car back in the WC.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Been thinking about it, when a car fails post race inspection (or in this case, just plain cheated) why is the win not stripped and it awarded to the second place car? They cheated on something that gave them what Nascar deemed a major infraction (which we would assume mean significant advantage over the competition), should be kicked directly to the curb including a driver suspension.
    One thing that comes to mind is all the marketing behind the win (victory lane pictures and all that cannot be exploited by the #2 car sponsors because they never happened. Add to that that the infraction was cheating (as I understand it they used a round shaped shim when it should have been flat - so a legit cheat in its design, not something that came loose or moved during the stresses against it during the race) however at 1/32 of an inch it was not significant enough to give him a real speed advantage (he wasn't the fastest car ever during the race, just right place right time to get a win - there were many more dominant cars all day long). And, there is a good chance the #2 car could have had the same issue and they didn't want to open an even wider can of worms by stripping a win from to top 2 cars giving it to 3rd, and hoping to fuck it then could pass inspection. NASCAR management is such a shit show that I think they just figured the best way to slap the #22's wrist for the cheat but make the rest of it all go away, and still keep sponsors happy was to do what they did. I'm not defending it, I think the whole thing is brutal, just trying to see all the angles to understand it.

And grats to Stenhouse Jr, nice to see him get his first win after a bunch of years of trying. Shitty day for Chase Elliot, that was some ride he took to end what could have been a great day for him.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

The advantage it provided was with turn in, may have actually cost a tic of straight line speed. Yea would have been interesting if they dumped his win n awarded to the second place / #2 car only to have it fail for the exact same reason. Shiat show supreme and you can bet they figured thats exactly how it would'a played out.

The #2 car was in for inspection as well (top 2 finishers plus one random IIRC) so I'm really curious what they found and how much cover up was going on. Handing out penalties to the winner is awful for the sport, doing it to the top 2 could be devastating for NASCAR and they are already pretty fragile.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Anyone have any advice on where to sit at MIS? Is it worth getting a pit pass and going early? Might do the Xfinity race as well...make a weekend of it.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    Anyone have any advice on where to sit at MIS? Is it worth getting a pit pass and going early? Might do the Xfinity race as well...make a weekend of it.
    Do it - buy a lower row ticket for one day and a higher row ticket for the next. Great views around most of MIS - I've sat on either side of the main stretch/finish line and over by the entrance to pit lane (turn 4). I prefer rows 16-30 personally (mostly 20-30 actually but have sat in row 16 at MIS; closest was first row on back stretch at Daytona for the full effect of the cars at 200mph). When I was at Daytona 3 years ago a wheel landed in row 14 so I don't sit below row 20 now.

Club Supporter
    I think these seats were around row 32 because I wanted to get up higher on this trip to see the other side of the track.

Club Supporter
    Same row (higher)