Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,673
Page 31 of 152 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

I heard today Penske is going to be fielding a team in the IMSA Sportscar series running a Honda powered DPI Prototype. Lead driver is going to be Helio Castroneves. That is pretty cool to see them branching out further to IMSA.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

They ran a Porsche P2 car in ALMS a few years back before that class went away with the merger. Penske doesn't mess around, I'm sure it won't be long before it's a competitive team.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

It's official.

Erik Jones will drive the No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starting in 2018, Joe Gibbs Racing announced on Tuesday.
    Jones, 21, currently drives the No. 77 Toyota for Furniture Row Racing. He will take over for Matt Kenseth, 45, who has driven the No. 20 for JGR since 2013. According to a Joe Gibbs Racing statement, Kenseth will not be back with the organization following the 2017 season.

Back in the car this weekend.

Aric Almirola said he hadn’t lost his love of racing, but admitted that after six years of competing in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, things had become somewhat “routine.”
    It took a broken back to remind the Richard Petty Motorsports driver how much he enjoyed what he did for a living.
    “Getting back in the race car yesterday was an awesome feeling,” Almirola said Wednesday, “because you miss how you feel when you get that adrenaline rush of running 200 miles an hour in a stock car.”
    Almirola took part in a closed test at Charlotte Motor Speedway Tuesday to obtain medical clearance to return to competition. The 33-year-old Tampa, Florida, native suffered a compound fracture of the T5 vertebra in a crash this past May at Kansas Speedway. He was sidelined for eight weeks, missing seven points races, while recovering from the injury.
    “In the very beginning it was all very new and very exciting and after a while it was just what I did,” Almirola, a one-time winner in the series, said. “I got on an airplane on Thursday, flew to the race track and I raced that weekend; we did the best we could and we came home. It got very routine, very monotonous – not that I ever lost my passion or lost my love of racing but it just became sort of routine and I somewhat took it for granted.
    “Then just in a moment it got taken away and you realize ‘Wow I miss it; I love it. I want to go back. I want to race again.'”

Larson wins then looses pole to rule infraction.

Martin Truex Jr. was declared the Coors Light Pole Award winner Friday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, taking the No. 1 starting position after Kyle Larson’s apparent pole-winning lap was disallowed.
    Larson’s speed of 133.324 mph was thrown out after NASCAR officials discovered an unapproved rear deck fin on his Chip Ganassi Racing No. 42 Chevrolet. That elevated Truex’s Furniture Row Racing No. 78 Toyota (133.077 mph) to the first starting spot for Sunday’s Overton’s 301 (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN, SiriusXM) at the 1.058-mile track.
    Larson, who had swept all three rounds of qualifying, will now start at the rear of the 39-car field.
    Truex had qualified second five times this year, and it initially appeared he would make it six. After the lineup shuffle, he was credited with his first Coors Light Pole of the year, his first at New Hampshire and the 13th in his Monster Energy Series career.
    “Not the way we wanted to get our first pole of the year,” Truex said in a release provided by his Furniture Row team. “But looking forward to starting front and having a good pit selection.”
    Seven-time series champ Jimmie Johnson (132.688 mph) rose to the second starting spot after Larson’s penalty. Matt Kenseth, Jamie McMurray and Kasey Kahne completed the top five.

Watching the New Hampshire race. What did they put in the 18 and 78 to make them so much faster than everyone else? Lots of empty seats also. Wasn't many years ago when I wouldn't miss a race, now it's meh. I thinks I'll switch to the Toronto Indy coverage.

Race after race, 42 and 78 dominate.

Hinchcliffe in 3rd with 7 to go.