Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,661
Page 34 of 152 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

LONG POND, Pa. – After news that two Furniture Row Racing No. 78 crew members were suspended by Joe Gibbs Racing for a trio of races for an altercation with JGR crew chief Adam Stevens, the No. 18 crew chief has offered his comments on his role in the incident.
    MORE: JGR suspends two No. 78 crew members
    “I waited four or five minutes before I even left the box and was 100 percent focused on getting back to our trailer — I had no intention of stopping anywhere along the way,” Stevens told ESPN. “I was approached with some inappropriate comments and communication from a Joe Gibbs Racing employee and it rubbed me the wrong way.
    “I took an opportunity to tell him what I thought about it.”
    The No. 78 of Martin Truex Jr. and No. 18 of Kyle Busch crashed on Lap 112 of the Brickyard 400 while racing for the lead entering Turn 1, ending the day for both teams. Video from pit road captured an incident between the two crews, one in which Busch’s crew chief Stevens was involved.
    Furniture Row gets its pit crew from JGR as part of their alliance, thus the suspension from the parent organization.
    As the video shows, Truex’s tire changer Lee Cunningham clapped at Stevens and said, “Tell Kyle way to go,” prompting Stevens to enter the box.
    RELATED: Truex discusses crewmen suspensions
    In an earlier statement from Furniture Row Racing team owner Barney Visser, he said, “Our No. 78 pit crew is hired, trained and managed by Joe Gibbs Racing. They are one of the best pit crews on the circuit and have kept us up front all season. We admire the talent and dedication of our pit crew and support all of the decisions and actions taken by Joe Gibbs Racing.”

Happy Birthday Jeff Gordon.

Weather forecasts for Sunday’s I Love New York 355 at The Glen call for a chance of rain at Watkins Glen International — most likely late in the race.
    Should it rain, NASCAR and Monster Energy Cup Series teams are prepared to use rain tires on the 2.45-mile road course in upstate New York.
    According to the NASCAR rulebook, should the race start under dry conditions and then it become rainy, “the rear flashing light must be activated on all vehicles for the remainder of the race.”
    Rules state that during the caution period, cars may “elect to pit and change tires (‘wet’ or ‘dry’), install ‘wet’ weather condition equipment” or they may remain on the race track at their “sole discretion.”
    And the crew chief is “solely responsible for the decision of when to change or utilize ‘dry’ or ‘wet’ condition equipment.”
    Should it rain before the green flag is waved to start the race, all vehicles “will return to their assigned pit stall and must install the “wet” weather tires and activate the rear flashing light for the race.
    “Windshield wipers may be installed. No other adjustments or refueling will be permitted at this time.”

So far the Cup Series has never raced a points-paying event in the rain. But the XFINITY Series has contested four races under wet conditions — twice in Montreal (2008 and 2009) and 2014 at Road America in Elkhart, Wisc. and 2016 at the Mid-Ohio Sport Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

Have the Cup guys ever raced in the rain? I know there have been rain races in the other NASCAR series ... would make it very interesting!! I've not been on the Glen since it got resurfaced a few years ago, not sure how it is in the wet for grip.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Not the Cup guys (as far as I know). Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Making his final Nascar start today.
    We'll miss you big guy.

Will not be driving the 5 car for Hendrick next year.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Will not be driving the 5 car for Hendrick next year.

Called it.

As did most of us. Seems like a super nice guy but he's just not producing in the 5 car.
    Rumor mill says this is his replacement.

According to multiple reports, 19-year-old NASCAR XFINITY Series standout William Byron will drive Hendrick Motorsports No. 5 Chevrolet in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series next year.
    Motorsport.com, NBC Sports and ESPN are reporting via sources that Byron has been tabbed to take over for veteran Kasey Kahne.
    Kahne has driven the No. 5 since 2012. Hendrick Motorsports announced Monday that the team would not retain Kahne in 2018.
    MORE: Silly Season key players
    Byron is a three-time winner in the XFINITY Series this season driving for Earnhardt’s JR Motorsports team. Rick Hendrick signed the prospect in 2016.
    Byron won seven times and finished fifth in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series last year as an 18-year old in his first full-time season of competition in NASCAR’s national series.

No one has ever performed in the number 5 car since Terry Labonte. Kyle Bush had minor success in it.