Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,661
Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

En;joyed that, thanks

Darrell Waltrip, who brought his folksy, outsized personality from the driver’s seat to a prodigious second career as a broadcaster, announced Thursday that this season will be his last for FOX Sports.
    Waltrip’s final NASCAR race from the broadcast booth is scheduled for June 23 at Sonoma Raceway. The news, later confirmed by the network, was first reported by The (Nashville) Tennessean.
    “My family and I have been talking this over the past several months, and I’ve decided to call 2019 my last year in the FOX Sports booth,” Waltrip said in a FOX release. “I have been blessed to work with the best team in the sport for the past 19 years, but I’m 72 and have been racing in some form for more than 50 years. I’m still healthy, happy and now a granddad, so it’s time to spend more time at home with my family, although I will greatly miss my FOX family.”
    Waltrip, 72, has been a fixture in the FOX Sports booth since 2001, when the network became an official broadcast partner of NASCAR. The transition to full-time broadcasting came after a successful driving career, where Waltrip won three championships and 84 races in NASCAR’s top division. He was elected to the NASCAR Hall of Fame’s Class of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Darrell Waltrip, who brought his folksy, outsized personality from the driver’s seat to a prodigious second career as a broadcaster, announced Thursday that this season will be his last for FOX Sports.
    Waltrip’s final NASCAR race from the broadcast booth is scheduled for June 23 at Sonoma Raceway. The news, later confirmed by the network, was first reported by The (Nashville) Tennessean.
    “My family and I have been talking this over the past several months, and I’ve decided to call 2019 my last year in the FOX Sports booth,” Waltrip said in a FOX release. “I have been blessed to work with the best team in the sport for the past 19 years, but I’m 72 and have been racing in some form for more than 50 years. I’m still healthy, happy and now a granddad, so it’s time to spend more time at home with my family, although I will greatly miss my FOX family.”
    Waltrip, 72, has been a fixture in the FOX Sports booth since 2001, when the network became an official broadcast partner of NASCAR. The transition to full-time broadcasting came after a successful driving career, where Waltrip won three championships and 84 races in NASCAR’s top division. He was elected to the NASCAR Hall of Fame’s Class of 2012.
    Thank god.

Happy retirement DW.

Add Mikey to the list and the world will be whole again.

Boy there are a lot of empty seats. You know there must be trouble in NASCAR land when Bristol is mostly empty.

Off my meds again
    Pretty neat watch.

Chase getting it done in a Hendrick first n second finish.

OMG moment as Kyle Larson takes a huge hit then multiple flips, glad he's ok.

WTF
    the footage of Larson from the infield was incredible

nice to see Elliot get a superspeedway win.....he seems like a real good kid....good for the sport