Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,661
Page 8 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

I'm not a fan of the new way things are run in the Chase, I like the old way. Jimmy's does deserve his seventh championship he and his team are that good and he's young enough I think we will see him get to no mans land and get # 8....

Good luck to the "Biff". After almost 20 years at Roush, they have decided to part ways. As one of my favourite drivers, I hope he finds another ride for the 2017 season.

Hope he lands in a decent ride.

Mark Martin, winner of 40 NASCAR premier series races and a runner-up in the championship battle on five occasions, has been selected for induction into the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame.

Martin, 57, will be inducted Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017.

He was named on 95 percent of the ballots cast by the NMPA membership.

The Batesville, Arkansas, native competed in NASCAR for more than three decades. His 40 career victories currently rank 17th on the all-time list for the series while his 882 career starts rank fifth overall for the sanctioning body's top series.

In addition to his premier series efforts, Martin also enjoyed success in NASCAR's lower national series, winning 49 times in what is now the XFINITY Series and seven times in the Camping World Truck Series.

^^ One of the all time greats right there.

Yes Sir he is.

Germain Racing announced Monday that Ty Dillon will jump full-time into NASCAR's premier series next season, taking the reins of its No. 13 Chevrolet.

Dillon replaces Casey Mears, who had driven the No. 13 GEICO-sponsored entry since the second half of the 2010 season. The 24-year-old Dillon has made 18 Sprint Cupstarts over the last three years, including a relief stint for the injured Tony Stewartduring the early stages of last season.

In a Monday morning appearance on SiriusXM NASCAR's Radio's "The Morning Drive" program, Dillon indicated that an agreement with Germain Racing came together earlier in the year. The challenge, he said, was staying mum until this week.

"The questions kept coming and coming," Dillon told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. "The cool thing is that I knew what I was doing; I just didn't say anything. It's kind of like having an awesome secret that you want everyone to know, but you kind of had to hold it back. I guess all good things are worth waiting for. I'm just excited for what's to come."

A team spokesperson confirmed Monday that Robert "Bootie" Barker would return as the team's crew chief in 2017. GEICO returns as primary sponsor, extending a relationship that bridged Germain Racing's transition to a full-time Sprint Cup team in 2009.

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup

Doesn't have much of a ring to it.

It most certainly does not.