Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1,661
Page 90 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar Thread part II

Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    If you ask me Nascar needs to go back to the the old days and let the guys have some personality.
    They all sound like Hockey players with the exact same comments after the race.
    I don't like the guy, and i can only guess why he is in Nascar but come on, it's a Video game.
    Dale Earnhardt used to crash people to win races and he was considered a hero. Now guys fart inside the car and they get reprimanded.

If Bubba was winning races it would be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    If you ask me Nascar needs to go back to the the old days and let the guys have some personality.
    They all sound like Hockey players with the exact same comments after the race.
    I don't like the guy, and i can only guess why he is in Nascar but come on, it's a Video game.
    Dale Earnhardt used to crash people to win races and he was considered a hero. Now guys fart inside the car and they get reprimanded.
    Not at all, IRacing is considered a serious deal, he was out there representing his team and sponsors just like on an actual race day.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Not at all, IRacing is considered a serious deal, he was out there representing his team and sponsors just like on an actual race day.
    Speaking of iRacing. This is pretty cool.

https://www.jayski.com/2020/04/08/da...dycar-iracing/

Very cool indeed.

Following are the NASCAR Hall of Fame Class of 2021 nominees and Landmark Award nominees:
    Modern Era Ballot
    Neil Bonnett, won 18 times in the NASCAR Cup Series, including consecutive Coca-Cola 600 victories
    Jeff Burton, won 21 times in the NASCAR Cup Series, including the Southern 500 and two Coca-Cola 600s
    Dale Earnhardt Jr., 15-time NASCAR Cup Series Most Popular Driver and two-time Xfinity Series champion
    Carl Edwards, winner of 28 NASCAR Cup Series races and 2007 Xfinity Series champion
    Harry Gant, winner of 18 NASCAR Cup Series races, including two Southern 500 victories
    Harry Hyde, 1970 NASCAR Cup Series championship crew chief
    Larry Phillips, first five-time NASCAR weekly series national champion
    Ricky Rudd, won 23 times in NASCAR Cup Series, including the 1997 Brickyard 400
    Kirk Shelmerdine, four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion crew chief
    Mike Stefanik, winner of record-tying nine NASCAR championships
    Pioneer Ballot
    Jake Elder, three-time NASCAR Cup Series champion crew chief
    Red Farmer, three-time NASCAR Late Model Sportsman champion; 1956 Modified champion
    Banjo Matthews, built cars that won more than 250 NASCAR Cup Series races and three championships
    Hershel McGriff, 1986 NASCAR West Series champion
    Ralph Moody, two-time NASCAR Cup Series owner champion as mechanical genius of Holman-Moody
    Landmark Award
    Janet Guthrie, the first female driver to compete in a NASCAR Cup Series superspeedway race
    Alvin Hawkins, NASCAR’s first flagman; established NASCAR racing at Bowman Gray Stadium with Bill France Sr.
    Mike Helton, named third president of NASCAR in 2000; career included track operator roles at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway
    Dr. Joseph Mattioli, founder of Pocono Raceway
    Ralph Seagraves, formed groundbreaking Winston-NASCAR partnership as executive with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post

I get it that it is considered a serious deal but it is a game and they are not racing for points, the sponsor was probably looking for a way out and this was it.
    Yes, they are representing their sponsors and that's my point. Be it a game or actual racing they need to let this guys have some personality.

Loved Neil Bonnett, would like to see him get voted in.
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Iracing is not a game. It's a sim.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Expectations he'd act like a professional when representing his team, his sponsor and Nascar in a televised event to me seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Iracing is not a game. It's a sim.
    Is there a chance that you'll get injured or killed if you crash? No? OK, then it's a game ...
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries