Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Looking at a 2001 gt

Dutch

Looking at a 2001 gt

Looking at another Mustang. 2001 gt. 190 000 km. Any issues with these cars? Stock motor rear end and 5 sod tranny. Rust spots? It has a cracked intake lower manifold. Leaks coolant a bit. But I think that's common on these cars. Any advice be great. Thx

I've seen rust mostly the rear fenders

I went to go buy a V6 as a DD and the support under the Radiator was rotten out. I ended up giving Rick a call on the spot to ask him if it was a quick fix and he told me to walk away and I did. If there was rot then there is rot elsewhere

Good luck... I hope its blue!!

My new motto is when in doubt call Rick (Sorry Rick)
    Joel,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Looking at another Mustang. 2001 gt. 190 000 km. Any issues with these cars? Stock motor rear end and 5 sod tranny. Rust spots? It has a cracked intake lower manifold. Leaks coolant a bit. But I think that's common on these cars. Any advice be great. Thx
    Yes plastic crossover is prone to cracking n leaking, not a bad job to change, best to do updated version intake.
    Rest of the car is pretty normal.

I would search far and wide for a cleaner mustang. Pay a bit extra for that clean taken care of mustang and you'll have less issues down the road. Goodluck.

Lotsa bad spots, I have had 4 or 5 of them. Rad, support, frame in same areas as foxes. A lot of them are rotten in the 1/4s in behind the plastic , even when repainted most dont fix the rot there. Look in the trunk extensions. lots of times you can see the ground when you lift up the mat. Hard to find a clean one if its seen any winters. I love those cars but keep ending up back in foxes. I think because there is many more parts available at good prices.
    1990 LX Notch & 1992 LX Notch, 2002 GT Vert & 01 GT.