Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin how bad is it in Windsor?

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Biblical amounts of rain.

My house flooded, my grandparents house flooded, my moms house flooded. Was up from 7am yesterday morning bailing out my basement, to 9pm dealing with my moms. Killed 2 pumps and one shop vac.

My new truck took in water from the sunroof again and is now at the dealer with moist interior. Mustang got wet as water started coming in to garage. Nothing major but will need major drying and dehumidifying, greasing and detailing.

When I left my house this morning it was still trickling water from two spots on the walls one corner one centre. I just tossed towels on ground near there. Can't miss another day of work with budget time looming. And more rain on way, wife working half day hopefully I don't get a call midday its full bore again.

Top 5 all time shitty days of my life.
    Brutal, sorry to hear.

Brutal Laffs, and you guys are still under a heavy rain warning.

So sorry to hear Laffs.
    ~Scott B

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Brutal Laffs, and you guys are still under a heavy rain warning.
    Ya, I woke up at 4am to move some more stuff off ground or to upstairs. Im fully anticipating more water when I get home and weekend manning the pump and mop. Truck may be at dealer all weekend, so at least it's not like I can be anywhere else. Gotta research this disaster relief funds for my mom, she had a flood claim last year so cant make another for 5 years. Her's was 2 feet of standing water from storm sewers, going to be a total gut job and I don't have the time to fix hers, mine and my office workload at moment.

If anyone needs me I'll be the guy with a mop calling immigration lawyers googling jobs in Arizona....
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

WTF
    sorry to hear you're going through all that shit Laffs

Thanks guys, it sucks but mother nature will fuck your shit up some times and nothing you can do. Guess my truck has plugged sunroof drains (after 5000kms) so I'll figure out how to clean them and start adding it to my monthly cleaning regimen. That's one problem down. Gonna hit up the store for some hydraulic cement and paint on waterproofing member on the way home., try and patch the bigger visible cracks in the trouble spots, see if I can get away with a DIY before I pay the $$$$$ to have foundation dug and wrapped
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Wow sorry to hear that over there in Windsor. I saw it on the news last night.

Crappy situation all around, luckily we saw very minimal wate at our sewer drain downstairs, I had to go help my neighbour next door clear his out last night, damn that was stinky. Oh, and the shuttle van needs an engine (obviously not warranty), had 30k, took in tons and tons of water.

Crazy storm system, just skirted along the edge of the lakes. We hardy got a drop here.
    Sorry to hear about all the flooding and damages.

They've been on-and-on on the radio commercials about backwater valve installations. Anybody know if it's code now? And if so, when was it introduced?
    -Don____________

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post

They've been on-and-on on the radio commercials about backwater valve installations. Anybody know if it's code now? And if so, when was it introduced?
    not sure if it's code now...but I'd assume likely

had ours done in 2014 and applied for the city rebate.....cost us about $2800 to get it done and figured the city would give us about $14 back

nope...they sent us a cheque for $2100

it's a dirty nasty job