Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 GT just lowered making rear end noise.

Grebnitty

2017 GT just lowered making rear end noise.

Hey all. Well, I've had my GT for exactly 1 week. I had it lowered a couple days ago at a shop I thought was reliable. I've had work done there in the past on my old mustangs and they always seemed good. But now I am getting really bad rear end noise, when going slow or reversing I can hear creaking and clicking from the passenger side, then If I go into a driveway or an incline and the suspension goes under load I get a really bad loud clunk from the drivers side. Needless to say I'm extremely upset. I can't bring it back to them until Monday and this has ruined my whole weekend. I don't think I will make the Sunday cruise either because I don't want to drive it like this. It seems to be getting worse as I drive it more. I spent $700 for the install, should I bring it back to them to see if they can fix it or just find another shop? I'd hate to have to pay someone else to fix it, but I am losing faith in this shop now. Any ideas what they might have done wrong? Thanks for any input.

Josh

Mustang Occasionally
    Could be a few things... Sub frame bolt(s) loose, shock bolts, spring not seated correctly. I'd not drive it (as you dont wan something failing at speed) and take it back. It's likely something very simple as it's not a complicated install.

If you don't take it back then YOU have to pay-its that simple
    I would be amazed if a competing shop would fix it for free

Grebnitty
    Well , yea that pretty obvious. I am just concerned that I paid $700 and they couldn't get it right the first time.

That's too bad , take it back if they are familiar with mustangs , was it 7 bills labour ?

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebnitty View Post
    Well , yea that pretty obvious. I am just concerned that I paid $700 and they couldn't get it right the first time.
    like Armen said just take it back to the shop to correct whatever is causing the problems before you start STRESSING yourself over the weekend.

was it just springs that were replaced?

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Grebnitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    That's too bad , take it back if they are familiar with mustangs , was it 7 bills labour ?
    Yes, $700 labour. Including tax.

I sent u a pm

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebnitty View Post
    Yes, $700 labour. Including tax.
    WTF?

That's real shitty Josh, sorry to hear. I don't know enough (anything) about the 17's to offer any suggestions. A real shame. You were sitting beside the best mechanic around at wing night. Hopefully he might have some ideas.

And yeah, that's steep for just labour on a spring install.
    -Don____________