Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  55
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalytic Converters.

Catalytic Converters.

Thought we were past the 1 or 2 calls a week asking to either remove existing cats or install a catless system but here we are in the spring of '24 and it's ramping up again. Just because E testing to renew plates or transfer ownership is gone cats are still 100% required by law. No you won't pick up big h/p with out them, yes you will loose at least some torque and your car will stink out the back. We tested and tested with an offroad pipe on my '05. The H/P gains were slight (yes even on a big blower car) and it did loose some torque and even with correct A/F it stunk stunk stunk out the tail pipes. If you call us, I don't care if you promise "it's an off road car only" cause we all know full well if it drives in on plates thats not the truth. On a modern day muscle car there is simply no excuse for removing emission equipment. It does not improve performance....................PERIOD!!!
    I'm sure everyone around town that works on them are experiencing the same calls.

Are Gesi's still your go to for high performance cats?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

In the very near future the motor vehicle inspections will be changing. Switching from the MTO to DriveOn the people in charge of the past drive clean program. These changes are to take place in the trucking industry this July and sometime next year (probably July 2025) for the auto. Transport trucks still go thru a drive clean program and are tested. There has been no mention of drive clean test for auto's but with the bully dogs rolling coal, removal of DEF systems, cars with no cats, modded cars, and the fact that they want electric cars may drive the case to bring back etest or possible annuals yearly combined. Etest Equipment now for this is much more compact. Once both these programs are rolling they may implement more standards just for the sake of getting take over retards off the roads, street racing and just unnecessary driving. In the trucking industry old trucks are the target so I imagine with the clean energy way of thinking old cars will be the next target. Best to leave the cats on. These new changes by the ministry are going to heavily put the responsibility into the hands of mechanics making them totally accountable for what's on the road. They are getting tough and the penalties for mechanics are going to be severe.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Ca pue

you need a Holley Sniper lol ^^^^
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Poor marketing. Had they called them “afterburners” instead of “catalytic converters”, we might not have this problem.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Are Gesi's still your go to for high performance cats?
    Yes especially on high horsepower SC rides.

Whenever a old classic car passes by me they stink like fuk and that's just one car.
    Can you imagine if all vehicles didn't have cats like in the good old days.
    No thanks.

Just like the stench coming out the back of cars with AK47 / Popcorn tunes, no cats. Not sure why the MOE haven't made a move to crack down on them, easy pickins cause they love to annoy / scare other motorists under every underpass they travel.

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    Whenever a old classic car passes by me they stink like fuk and that's just one car.
    Can you imagine if all vehicles didn't have cats like in the good old days.
    No thanks.
    Couldn't agree more